What to wear on a first date??

jesscat

SF-HK-NYC-LA-SEA
O.G.
Jul 6, 2008
I'm going on a date Friday to a pub and then possibly somewhere in south street seaport (picture baltimore/boston waterfront -esque) - so it's somewhat casual. I would much rather err on the side of looking effortless than like I put too much effort into it, but still would like to look good!

And I'll probably wear flats or my 4 year old pumps that are completely broken in as I'll be walking there and back, so maybe I can afford to go a little dressier on top?

Ugh. I never know what to wear on a first date! Help!!

As long as you feel comfortable... It's defo you... and you dont overdress or underdress you should be fine. If it was not a date and you were going for a girls night out what would you wear?

Tory burch answered this question on the new issue of instyle magazine! Her recommendation was that guys like to see girls in color, and you do want to be sexy and girly without showing too much skin. Her recommendation was skinny jeans, and a vneck top.

ooo thanks for your suggestions ladies! The only thing about skinny jeans is it's way too hot and humid to wear jeans...lol I'm either gonna have to go for a skirt or dress of some sort!

AND, now we're going to dinner first...so I guess (nice) shorts are out of the question? (They're white and tulip shaped at the hem and SO CUTE (from Zara) and I've been dying to wear them...haha)

Will def have to post some potential outfits tmr...

My circle of girls have discuse this before !
We asked our guys what they like most on us and your outfit is one of the options we came up with .
I love your top but a guy may not . Wear a solid color and shorter sleeves so your out fit doesn't take away from your features . I always think jeniffer Anniston when I dress for a date . She aways dose casual sexy right ! Never over the top

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...j1j0j2.4.0...0.0...1ac.3VA72-uLOZo&mvs=0#i=34

I think you look cute in that outfit ;) Wear what feels comfortable to you. If you can stand walking around in heels then go for it. Otherwise a dressy pair of sandals will finish the look.

How's this? (but with heels)

View attachment 1792649

This is really cute, you really get away with these shorts! I would definitely wear it on a date, since I dont care what any man would think of my clothing (my bf initially is not enthousiastic but later when I wear it he usually starts liking it, there are exceptions though). Regarding your outfit, I think you could definitely wear it. If you are not sure if he would like it, check his outfit style (you can deduct lots from it).

Furher, another option would be a casual dress, that always works (esp because of the hot and humid weather). No big prints or to loud colours, but just elegant and one colour is fine! Combine it with an accesorry that jumps out and which is totally you.
About the shoes, I would wear flats or ballerina's with the dress (since you will probably have to walk and nothing is more annoying that feet that hurt). I think ballerina's are elegant with almost every outfit (and make the dress not too dressy).

I really like this outfit too. You have great legs so the shorts work for you. Flats will be good if you are walking but, if not, heels would be my choice.

Ps, Don't disclose this thread to him.... He might get the impression that you are too keen to please. :smile: