What to Spend Money On When There's Nothing to Buy?

Of course it’s a benefit in all things in life to be well liked. However, your post’s implication was that folks are being lied to about stock levels of basic items like RTW sizes, homeware items, etc because they aren’t favored clients. My point was that these non-bag items are genuinely famously sold out across the board in many cases and the client’s reputation has no bearing on that factual sold-out status.
Have you tested it out?
I did with somebody else. :smile:

Anyway, such it’s fact of Hermes life. Acceptance, lie or “no stock” would make life easier.

Reactions: FrenchNewbie
Expand your interests. :lol: Kidding, kind of. We are all in this same situation so just buy what you love, ask for items you love even if you don’t see them in the store (SAs can sometimes source them for you), and be open to suggestions and new categories.
When SAs source from a different store do they still earn commission? I feel so bad that the things I want are always in different stores.

When SAs source from a different store do they still earn commission? I feel so bad that the things I want are always in different stores.
In short yes, I’m assuming you are talking about a charge send from the other store. But my feeling is that in that case, while the SA gets credit for facilitating this transaction, your store does not get a credit as the item was sold from the originating store instead (so it counts for them) which is less preferable to your store manager, who wants to hit sales numbers for the store they manage. If they instead manage to do a transfer - which the originating store may not be willing to do and is generally a bit more work, sometimes involving negotiations and trading items - and then you go pick up the item after it’s been transferred to your store, it will count just as something that sold from your store’s inventory like normal.

I will add though that when I was a new customer, when I asked for more popular items often it was an “out of stock “ response. Now as I’ve been with my SA for longer, it’s become “let me check the stock in the back.” They definitely keep more sought after items in the back, often already spoken for by existing client. I suspect also to reduce resale. As a new client they don’t know what your intentions are. I don’t think it’s nefarious. And like @acrowcounted said, often times it is truly out of stock. But also, as an evolving brand, they want their customers to try new things too other than the popular items.

Shopping at Hermes is about having the money, the time, the relationship and also the luck.
💯. I have been at the store inquiring about shoes and they were available for me in multiple sizes and colors. Lady next to me (seemed to have a relationship already with her own SA) inquired about the same shoe, and was told no stock. 😳.
To respond to original post, patience and more patience is the H way. In the beginning a lot of items were out of stock, for some reason 2024 everything is in stock! I have purchased items I didn’t love (buyer’s remorse now due to fear of missing out). Now I only buy what I absolutely want and do not deviate. Something new will come up. Best of luck.

There is always such difficulty shopping at Hermes. Try to go in at the start of the calendar month. If they like you, they will make the items available to you.
Then why is the customer being polite and nice always one of the advices being dished out at the other thread to maintain a relationship with the sales associate? Isn’t it to be well liked and not a nuisance so that a customer gets offered what he/she wants?

Anyway, things can be sold out. But whether SAs go the extra mile to source for an item a customer want or offer close alternatives is depending on how well liked the customer is to hold the long term relationship. Thought that’s the H philosophy.
I am not sure on when or how often they get shipments, but I agree with you 100% on the bolded parts.
Because that's literally just basic human decency and while it shouldn't need to be spelled out, I'm routinely shocked at how many people can't figure that out.

I mean, yeah, if you want to make it purely transactional. But honestly? You should just be polite and considerate because you're dealing with another person, whether that's your SA at H or the guy cleaning the street outside the store or an anonymous person on a message board.
I totally agree, but simply being devil's advocate here my dear: if what you write (in bold) is so true & should be basic knowledge, then why-oh-why are so many people here in the forums quick to be so rude & condescending to each other? Why are so many people in the forums so "snobby" to people, especially to the newcomers? Isn't this a forum to spread love and joy and admiration, and to fellowship with others who love the luxury brands as we do? If I go by what you say, then everyone should be kind to each other, regardless if they disagree or not. But unfortunately, that's not the reality we live in. People (some, not all) are going to be mean/nasty/snobby/disrespectful/condescending no matter where you go. :frown:

So, yes I do believe being nice to your SA (or any SA you encounter) is a big component to getting the items you want; I don't 100% believe that SAs are blatantly hiding or lying about items and not wanting to sell them. But I do believe there is that 10% chance that the item may not be "available to just anyone" & if they like you enough (or relate to you or empathize with you), the SM gives gives them the empowerment to "make things happen for you", whether that's taking the time to do another sweep of the stock room just in case, checking the delivery schedules, transferring from another store, letting you purchase online while in-store, or doing a charge send from another store.

No one, whether they are a customer or an SA, wants someone to be mean to them---everyone wants to feel acceptance (whether they admit it or not). It's Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. :hugs:

I totally agree, but simply being devil's advocate here my dear: if what you write (in bold) is so true & should be basic knowledge, then why-oh-why are so many people here in the forums quick to be so rude & condescending to each other? Why are so many people in the forums so "snobby" to people, especially to the newcomers? Isn't this a forum to spread love and joy and admiration, and to fellowship with others who love the luxury brands as we do? If I go by what you say, then everyone should be kind to each other, regardless if they disagree or not. But unfortunately, that's not the reality we live in. People (some, not all) are going to be mean/nasty/snobby/disrespectful/condescending no matter where you go. :frown:
Hence this part of my quote:

"...while it shouldn't need to be spelled out, I'm routinely shocked at how many people can't figure that out."

I have this same panic. Because I am 100% a buy what I love person, have not gotten a bag, am definitely in 2:1 or more zone, then panic that I need to keep it up to remind my SA that I’m waiting for a bag. I am a bit picky, I am aware it’s going to take a while. Then panic again that I will run out of things I truly love 🤷‍♀️.

• Haha
Reactions: BirKineSS
I have this same panic. Because I am 100% a buy what I love person, have not gotten a bag, am definitely in 2:1 or more zone, then panic that I need to keep it up to remind my SA that I’m waiting for a bag. I am a bit picky, I am aware it’s going to take a while. Then panic again that I will run out of things I truly love 🤷‍♀️.
I understand what you mean! I saved this quote I saw on Insta which hopefully you’ll find as funny as I did 🤣

F633AA1A-D9E5-4139-9FB1-70FE621F7A46.jpeg