What should a girl's first diamond be?

You can always go for a right hand ring :P but the best is the diamond studs earrings. You can get away wearing nothing else except the earrings but not vice versa.

Nothing at all wrong with a woman buying diamond rings for herself. Not an engagement ring of course, but I've purchased tons of diamond rings for my right hand over the years. No woman should wait for a man to buy her diamonds as long as she can afford to buy them herself! :flowers:

Ah, well in case it's helpful to anyone my vote is for a necklace.

I have a real pair of princess cut diamond stud earrings, but I wear my round czs more often.

I have a gorgeous, delicate Jamie Wolf diamond and white 18k gold necklace that I wear every single day. It looks great with a black cocktail dress too!

i'd go for studs! that's what my first diamond purchase was.

personally i like to switch up my necklaces all the time, but i always forget to change earrings. so the diamonds are perfect- i keep them in all the time.

I think I bought my diamond studs first then a couple of diamond rings. Not engagement-looking rings, but those are the two types of jewelry I wear most often. I do have a coupe diamond pendants that were gifts (heart and snowflake). Next of my shopping list is a solitare pendant and upgrading my studs.