What shocks you the most about the price increase?

I'm not shocked but it's more about re-evaluation for me. I expect prices to go up and as they do, the amount of purchases I make will go down so I will just have to be more selective about the bags I buy.

Kinda shock to hear that LV is increasing the price again! Here in Indonesia the price of LV is already ridiculous. They change the price everyday following the exchange rate of Indonesian Rupiah to US Dollar. And now the Rupiah is weakening againts US$ so thr price is really highhhhhhhhhh + another increase??? I love LV but i guess i should think twice to purchase more. Better buy Hermes now....

Pretty soon people will think long and hard about buying LV. I mean if the price of a canvas bag is going to be as high as a beautiful Chanel then its a no brainer to get a better bag.

^^I wouldn't say that Chanel is necesarily a better bag just because many of them are made with leather, where many LV bags are made with canvas. Many people in the Chanel forum have been discussing quality issues etc. despite the recent price increase for them in November. LV makes a lot of very stunning and quality leather bags that are on the same level as Chanel IMO. Consider just a few examples, Suhali and Motard, the list can go on. So I wouldn't agree that Chanel is a better bag, but that is just IMO.

I am not shocked about the price increase --- just more disappointed this time around. While these price increases seem to be pointing to the fact that LV wants its products to be more exclusive, they are on their way of making it TOO exclusive, where the masses that used to be able to "afford LV" will no longer want to spend any more money on its products. At some point, all these price increases become a major turn-off, and I seem to be heading in that direction.

Also, I have to add, with the value of the dollar against the Euro dropping, the little cuts in the quality of LV materials and that there is a U.S factory for the U.S. market, I would think their cost of goods sold has dropped and increased the bottom-line already.

I wish people would just stop buying LV and protest the prices so they could lower them! Otherwise, there's just no end in sight! Although...I probably wouldn't be able to stay on that protest for long :s

I think LV can and will continue to increase prices no matter what happens in just YOUR country as long as big markets and wealth of those nations go up up up. I don't think LV cares that much if it cannot upen as many new stores in already existing markets like California and Texas areas as long as Russia, India and China keeps booming and they will probably make more in one store there as the country hasen't got many and it will attract a bigger crowd. LV is a global distributor and as long as the world as a whole keeps buying more and more, price will rise even if some loose out here and there.

Certainly it is global supply and demand that influences which markets can be exploited for the greatest PROFIT. It is also a precarious balance that must be weighed in order that LV doesn't bite the hand that feeds their profits by increasing prices one too many times.

:crybaby:Who wouldn't be disappointed with the price increase.

However, having said this, what preserves L.V.s exclusiveness IS both the fact they increase their prices twice a year, and they never go on sale.

If these two things were not true, they wouldn't be as special

Unfortunately they have figured this marketing ploy out!!!

:hysteric:

WAIT... THE prices for the LE items already out went up too. I bought my mirage griet for 3450 and the website says 3550. I thought the price increase was for classic line items (like monogram canvas)!?

I was really looking into getting the motard biker.. but that went up 150.00 to 4200. It used to be 4050.

AND lastly... The bandeaus went up? To 130.00! I remembered getting my perforated bandeau for 114.00 (with TAX).

My aunt was just teasing me about the cles being $150 now & how she bought her's for $65 some years ago! If that trend continues and the prices double in 15 years, I'll have to get my "new" LVs from resellers! Forget the future, even now I have to debate on making some purchases... Zippy wallet or rent? :shrugs: Trouville or save for my condo? :girlsigh:

The prices on elux may not have changed but I just tried ordering a ring and an error message came up saying "could not find item SKU#"...so maybe they are in the process of changing the prices and it's taking awhile.