What LV is not worth the price?

At first, I said yes to all of your questions. Then, after I read the responses, I conclude that I do not care. I buy LV bags because owning LV bags makes vain little me feel good, and that is enough to justify their high prices.

Personally, I do not like mongram canvas and vachetta trim for the reasons that you mentioned. Therefore, none of my LV pieces has monogram canvas and vachetta trim, except for my white MC Alma which I love dearly. The white MC is so happy and springy/summerly looking that I say it is worth every penny.

I have to confess that I think most LV's are not worth their actual price. I know the canvas may be more durable, but I still don't think it is worth what they are asking. I don't like how beat up the bags start looking.

I don't think any LV is really worth the price. Maybe I would change my mind, if I saw the way it was made in the factory. It doesn't stop me from buying, but I think for cotton canvas 5-600 dollars is a bit too much.:sad:

The problem with vernis is not unique to LV ... all patent leather can color transfer. It's just a problem with patent leather itself. I have mostly vernis bags/accessories and very few color transfers. If you take care of your stuff, all is good. ;)

I think a lot of LV stuff is overpriced (esp. with the price increases every few months), but you have to think about how much use you will get out of it. Like people above said, mono/damier/epi stuff can hold up for years and years and years, so even if you are paying say $1000 for a bag, if you use it over 20 years that is like nothing!

Honestly, the bags aren't really what I'm thinking are overpriced. It's some of the accessories. I mean, that Astropill keyring is $240? For just a little flashlight thing like you can get at a drugstore? It's just not worth it to me. I mean I love the little accessories but I'm definitely more picky about which ones I buy. A lot of times I just decide to put that money towards a bag instead of a little trinket.
In my opinion though I do think the bags are worth it. I'm not HARD on my bags, but I'm not gentle either. I think if I would have treated any other bags that way then it probably would have come apart by now. The whole thing with how my mom got her bag quite a few years ago and now even I use it is the appeal for me.

Honestly, the bags aren't really what I'm thinking are overpriced. It's some of the accessories. I mean, that Astropill keyring is $240? For just a little flashlight thing like you can get at a drugstore? It's just not worth it to me. I mean I love the little accessories but I'm definitely more picky about which ones I buy. A lot of times I just decide to put that money towards a bag instead of a little trinket.

ITA LVbabydoll:yes: ....it's the prices of ALL the accessories that you start to think, W-T-F??? Except I think the wallets are worth it because of the detail that goes into them. ALSO... I can't beleive how expensive the multicolor speedies have become, on the next price increase those will surely be over $2,000. A few short years ago it was ONLY $1,500! :nuts:

i take my ludlow perle wallet to school every day, ive dropped it a couple of times (oops.) and it doesnt have any scratches on it. i even got pencil on the inside and out! all i had to do was erase it. it still looks new, and ive had it for half a year.. it was 335 dollars, and i get the most compliments on it. its worth it for me..

ITA! My vernis agenda's been stuck in a backpack, ignored, crushed and downright abused and it's been perfect to me. 1/2 a year for me as well. :yes:

Great point! :yes::yes:

LV in general is worth every penny of the price. IMHO. LV MC is worth the price if you want to pay for the Takashi Murakami creation along with the Marc Jacob design. In reality you're paying for three design houses for the MC line.

I have tons of LV but I'm now more a Hermès adept.
LV still is PLASTIC, great plastic but it is plastic.
A speedy costs 500 dollars: making price: 30-40 dollar.. = 20-30 dollar on the staff , 10 dollar for the plastic.
Face it, altough it's beautiful!
I still love it but I think something in leather is more valuable to me personally.
Everybody puts his money in something else.
Some buy a stupid tuned car with 700dollar rims or something and others but a 700dollar bag.
LV used to be a TRUNK maker, therefore the canvas is really good.
But with time, everything changes and the LV marketing boys aren't stupid and saying: hey if they want to pay 700 dollars for a tiny bag, we aren't going to stop them!
But MO = Buy what you like and what is special to you, and making YOU happy.

Buy guys, happy holidays!