what looks better on me?

piaffe

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
Fuelled by this morning's HAC posting frenzy, I am trying to debate between a 40 Birkin and a 36 HAC. I am 5'11 (without heels), and presently 33 weeks pregnant. You'll have to use a bit of imagination to "see" me in my non-pregnant size.

I don't have a 40 Birkin *or* a 36 HAC. But I do have a 35 Birkin, 35 Kelly and 32 HAC. I've modelled them in different outfits to kind of see what works best.

What do you think? Based on these photos, do you "see" me in a Birkin 40 (clemence etoupe) - or a 36 HAC (hopefully chevre etoupe)? I personally think the 35 Kelly works best on me - out of these photos - but what does that mean?? (I'll save my theory for the very end...)

FIRST UP:

Chaiken maternity dress
Manolo campari mary janes (black patent)/Louboutin python simple 85s
Chaine d'ancre
etriviere bracelet (I think) in barenia
Barenia 35, 1999/Kelly Rouge H 35 (I like the formal structure - I think I might prefer this feel to a slouchy clemence 40 Birkin)

Attachments

• chaikenbarenia1.jpg
    chaikenbarenia1.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 273
  • chaikenbarenia2.jpg
    chaikenbarenia2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 215
  • chaikenbarenia3.jpg
    chaikenbarenia3.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 174
  • chaikenkelly1.jpg
    chaikenkelly1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 196
  • chaikenkelly2.jpg
    chaikenkelly2.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 206
OK. More photos.

TSE dress
Chaine d'ancre
Louboutin grey patent leather simple 90s
Kelly Rouge H

Attachments

• tse4.jpg
    tse4.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 119
  • tse3.jpg
    tse3.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 189
  • tse2.jpg
    tse2.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 169
  • tse1.jpg
    tse1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 155
...and last one. Turns out I didn't take many 32 HAC photos.

Isabella Oliver pregnancy dress
32 HAC vache naturelle 1984

MY THEORY:

I think I like structure, and will want structure, from my bag - as opposed to the batwing Birkin look (that the 40 in clemence can be prone to).

Attachments

• io1.jpg
    io1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 244
Happy pregnancy! My baby just turned 3 months:girlsigh:...It goes so fast...

Ok..I think based on the pics that 36 Hac would work excellent. I too love the 35 Kelly on you...You look fabulous MOM!:heart:

...and last one. Turns out I didn't take many 32 HAC photos.

Isabella Oliver pregnancy dress
32 HAC vache naturelle 1984

MY THEORY:

I think I like structure, and will want structure, from my bag - as opposed to the batwing Birkin look (that the 40 in clemence can be prone to).
:tup: love it.

I was going to say that the bigger bags look good on you but it might be....the fact you are pregnant.....

but the 36cm...whiich I have...is plenty big.....is still smaller to be a day bag.

in my opinion

Well, first CONGRATS on your pregnancy! You look amazing!

Second, I think all the bags look great, however I think you should go for the HAC--I'm also starting to fall for the HAC. A 40 Birkin is gonna be BIG.....but are you thinking 40 Birkin for a diaper bag? Or you just prefer a bigger birkin? I think if you are thinking 40 for a handbag and also have a diaper bag, and you new little one, carrying all that is going to HEAVY!! But if you are thinking 40 for diaper bag/handbag....I say go for it!

But really, you can't lose with either! They are both going to be amazing.

Whoa -- I hope when I'm pregnant I can wear heels and dresses like that! You look fantastic!

Personally, I think the 35 Kelly looks great on you. I think the 36 HAC would look great, too, since you're so tall.

Piaffe, you look stunning!! Congratulations!! :tup:

I love all your bags, they are gorgeous...but for some reason the HAC looks small to me. Not sure why.... Just MHO, but I think the Birkin and Kelly look great and are large enough to fit baby thingees in. :graucho:

Your theory has me in suspense! :popcorn: