What leather would you choose?

Dear Ladies,

i got offered today the new 38cm Trim(with extra pouch at the backside???)
In Barenia Ebene
or in Evergrain Havana....
both coming with palladium hardware
What do you think which would be more useful as an everyday bag???

As much as I love Barenia, I don't recommend it to most people unless they really can appreciate the scratches and don't mind the "ugly duckling" phase it goes through before it gets the patina. So, I vote for evergrain, too. Below, though, is Barenia once it's developed its patina.

Attachments

• IMG_1157.JPG
    IMG_1157.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 92
I don't have anything in evergrain but I do have an ebene Barenia bag that I love, and yes, it is a funny leather with the "fat" quality (mine hasn't been used in a while and has a whitish powdery look on the surface that will get rubbed away) and the scratches...but it is so alive...Barenia is my favorite Hermes leather. Since it's ebene, it's already dark so I don't worry about it darkening on the handles or whatnot.

I don't have anything in evergrain but I do have an ebene Barenia bag that I love, and yes, it is a funny leather with the "fat" quality (mine hasn't been used in a while and has a whitish powdery look on the surface that will get rubbed away) and the scratches...but it is so alive...Barenia is my favorite Hermes leather. Since it's ebene, it's already dark so I don't worry about it darkening on the handles or whatnot.
Yep, Pepper, that's why I love it, too. It's so dynamic.