what is your opinion of emerald-cut diamonds? not sparkly enough?

I love them, and that's what I almost ended up getting, but then I thought that if I didn't keep it clean all the time, it would look dull since it doesn't have all the facets of the other cuts. Also, in the larger stone sizes, the emerald shape doesn't fit well with a wedding band. I would say that it is probably my very favorite cut though - it is gorgeous, classy, and not as common as others.

I LOVE Emerald Cuts!!! I like that they are not as common and have a unique look because of their lack of facets.

My wedding set was my grandmother's and it is still as stylish today as it was when she was first engaged (e-ring is 1.5 emerald cut with straight baguette sidestones - wedding ring has four straight baguettes). I get TONS of compliments on my ring all the time!

Save the rounds for earrings, pendants and anniversary rings :smile:

What the emereld cut may lack in sparkle, it makes up for in its elegant shape. The 90 degree angles are very striking and bold, while still understated due to how they reflect the light differently. I've been looking at emereld cuts myself, and really like the ones with side baguettes. Then I read that women who are attracted to square cut diamonds are "confident" and "independent", and I liked that (even if it may be only magazine fluff :smile: Anyhw, go with your instinct. If you feel good wearing the ring, it will look amazing regardless of the shape of diamond!

I'm ring shopping and I told myself I'll know its the one when I see it. I thought I wanted a princess cut but nothing shines like a round-cut so i'm all about the round-cut.

If you find an emerald-cut u absolutely love then don't give it a second thought.

I road tested an ec that was over 3 c. and faced up as perfect as an ec can be. I did appreciate its cool beauty, its swiming pool tranquility and its elegance. And this one even had a good amount of fire.....but in the end I gave it back. Maybe I was wrong, because I do have a place in my heart for the ec, but I went by popular vote of the women in my life. Everyone thought the lack of sparkle was a big thing.

The real clincher was that one of my close friends thought it was costume jewellery, which is a first!!! Most people even think that my costume jewellery (which is actually not designed to look real) is real.

I think if I would have reset it with a sparkling halo it would have been the best of both worlds, but that wasnt an option.

I have an emerald cut with the 2 side baguettes and unless I keep it super clean it does look somewhat dull. I add sparkle by wearing a very blingy full cirlcle diamond band with it.

I actually love the look of a step cut diamond (or coloured stone) like the ec combined with really firey diamonds. The combination is very appealing and its the image that comes to my mind when I think of movie stars and fabulous jewels!!!!

emerald cut diamond is perfect cut for a perfect look. Therefore, it requires very high 4c's before made into production.
And it still the most expensive diamond than anything outthere rightnow.

i have a tiffany lucida which has the least amount of shine compared to other tiffany ring but it's the ring that i wanted since i knew about engagement ring. you gotta get what makes your heart sing and plus hubby loves the lucida too so that helps!