What is your favorite dish of your mother's?

1. Baked ziti with mom's homemade secret recipe sauce.

So, what is your favorite dish that momma makes/made?

2. Oh geez, there is a lot, hah!

I love my Mom's clam spaghetti; not the traditional Italian version though, hers has bacon and a few other yummy ingredients in it. I love the hash brown casserole she makes at Christmas; it's so simple, just cubed potatoes in a mixture of something I can't recall, topped with corn flakes and baked. Her cheese grits...her country fried steak...lol a lot!

3. Beef stroganoff...actually I think SHE got this recipe from my grandmother (her mom!).

4. Baked lemon custard made with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
    It's very light, like a mousse.

Now I want some.

5. I don't think she ever had any dishes. Grandma had so many, there wasn't really a need...

Oh wait - you meant food. I don't know if I could pick just one - my mother was equally adept at ordering in from all kinds of restaurants - Chinese, Italian, Ethiopian - no matter what the cuisine, she would always make sure that there would be something that everyone would like!

I wish I could say I had inherited her talent, but I sometimes tend to forget about guests who don't like anything "too hot."

6. I love anything and everything that my mom cooks. She always makes the very best Thanksgiving stuffing and green beans.

7. I think it's got to be salmon with Hollandaise sauce!

8. nilaga (sp?) - It's a Filipino dish with chicken, cabbage, potatoes, and onions. Sooo yummy.

I also love her spaghetti with giant meatballs.

My mouth is watering lol.

9. Its my Moms spaghetti sauce. Its amazing. Its the only think I dont know how to make. She made it for a family of 7 PLUS for leftovers. Its a pinch of this and a little of that recipe. When she visits she makes it for me. I have a bunch of it in the extra freezer inthe garage.

10. :crybaby:My mom is really not a good cook at all. I love her to pieces, but, well, she is reallly awful in the kitchen. So is my MIL. REALLY. Its sad.

I could only come up with my moms mashed potatoes, and there were some good ginger snaps she used to make at christmas time, too.

..I love reading others' responses!!!

11. Fried Chicken
    Standing Rib Roast
    Oven Fried Potatoes
    German-style Spinach
    Pressed cucumbers

12. Sour cream chicken enchiladas.

13. I am the cook in my family, but my mom makes all these weird casseroles that are pretty good. She makes a ham and egg one with cornflakes on top that is sooo tasty!

ProfNot, your mom's lemon mousse sounds AMAZING :drool:

14. Tomato soup with cheese!

15. her crab dish. yum......