What is Ponds Cold Cream for?

OMG that happens to me too and i HATE it! I'm just glad someone else has the same problems haha.

This is a good thread, I've wondered the same thing. I'm gonna go buy a ton of products for my face (there is another thread about what age to start taking care of your skin) and now I will add cold cream to the list!

LOL! It doesn't matter how big the sink is, either- I thought it was b/c of the tiny size of my bathroom sink, but no- I used to always rush when rinsing my face to avoid super wet arms!

I think sunscreen is as important as a well-moisturized face in looking and staying young, and cold cream has definitely helped with that. I know makeup application is far easier now!

It's great for removing makeup but I find i too greasy for my sensitive skin. I've been using Nivea Sensitive and it does the same job without the greasiness. :smile:

It's sodium laureth sulfate and its actually a really harsh stripping chemical. http://www.natural-health-information-centre.com/sodium-laureth-sulfate.html

Lots of skin care products contain irritants... look at Alpha Hydroxy Acid for instance. It's in EVERYTHING these days, but it's just glorified lemon juice. Think about when you get lemon juice in a cut, how bad that hurts... that's why AHA works as an effective "anti-aging" ingredient. It's acid eating your face!

I'm horribly allergic to AHA's, but for most people they're fine.... There's a lot of harsh ingredients found in nature. Some people have reactions to sodium laureth sulfate, but that doesn't mean it's bad for everyone :shrugs:

My mom has used Ponds Cold Cream for as long as I can remember. I don't really know what the cream is for but her skin is seriously amazing. It's very smooth with no wrinkles. She gets compliments from sales people all the time.

I think it's just a makeup remover, doesn't have any special effect on most people in terms of preventing wrinkles, etc. My grandma, mom and her sisters used it back in the old days when there was no alternative, but it wasn't because they loved it or anything. They switched to different makeup removing cleansers once they became available.
I firmly believe skin conditions are genetic for the most part, and those who are blessed with good skins can use coconut oils or whatever and will still have great skin.

OK--so I went out and bought some and used it tonight. WOW! All of my eye makeup easily came off, and after I used a warm, wet washcloth, my skin had a plumpness and softness to it that it has never had after cleansing. I'm planning to only use this in the evenings when I'm wearing makeup. I'll keep you all posted on how this experiment goes. Thanks for posting this thread and all of the responses!

Haha, cold cream. Reminds me of I Love Lucy.

Remember that scene in Lucy Thinks Ricky is Trying to Murder Her when she was reading a murder mystery in her bedroom? She was eating crackers and dipping them into a jar of . . . . I guess cheese. That jar is next to an open jar of cold cream. At some point, she's so caught up in her book that she starts dipping the crackers into the cold cream!

Then Ricky startles her so badly she ends up throwing her book out her bedroom window.

My moms friend have used it for over 30 years and she looks really young, her face is very clean and even. She uses the cold one to remove makeup and another Ponds too, cant remember wich one. I might try it too.