What is Monogram/Damier Canvas made of?

if there's ever a nuclear war, my mono canvas lv bag will be what's left behind..haha. that stuff is indestructible. You can get one of these and not baby it..well baby the leather part but the canvas, that will last forever no doubt. :smile:

The first I heard it, I was shocked to hear that the canvas wasn't leather. But then I also read that the way it has been constructed (layers upon layers of the stuff) is very durable. As long as the bag looks good and lasts, I dont care what its made of.

Yay for no harm to an animal! All a leather bag is is just a dead animals' carcass on your shoulder. Not too appealing to me. Leather bags don't stand the test of time like Louis Vuitton canvas does. Vinyl is actually very very durable to...much better than any leather aka(animal's skin) bag.

vuittonchat.jpg

lol

i find it funny how many people are surprised that Monogram Canvas is polymer coated cotton canvas. meanwhile, the Miroir line is 100% Vinyl outside. go for it!

I don't know if this is true or not but I heard that someone's LV luggage/trunk survived a devastating plane crash that happened out in the ocean. When they located the it floating about & took it back, they were astounded by its durability & indestructiveness - it was not damaged, it remained locked & everything inside was fine (nothing got wet).

Now THAT's quality! :tup:

if there's ever a nuclear war, my mono canvas lv bag will be what's left behind..haha. that stuff is indestructible. You can get one of these and not baby it..well baby the leather part but the canvas, that will last forever no doubt. :smile:

I don't know if this is true or not but I heard that someone's LV luggage/trunk survived a devastating plane crash that happened out in the ocean. When they located the it floating about & took it back, they were astounded by its durability & indestructiveness - it was not damaged, it remained locked & everything inside was fine (nothing got wet).

Now THAT's quality! :tup:

Now i want to special order one to fit me inside LOL

Now i want to special order one to fit me inside LOL

ROFL :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

Thank you everyone, i was really shocked at first, but after going through the entire thread i can careless what material it is made out of as long as it last me a life time.

This is very new to me, what I've always thought was entirely made out of polymer, the "vernis" line, is actually made out of leather with coated vinyl. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you.

Last edited: