What is everyone's limit?

• Thread starter Deleted member 19431
  • Start date
Ohhh! :yes: Which bag are you you looking at Raspberry?

I also understand about not spending allot on Coach. Some are there bags are now $700-900. What the hell?! I was looking at the Rebecca Minkoff Morning After bag, but all I could think was that wouldn't I want a Speedy instead?

right now, i would not buy anything more than 4K.. but since I am hoping to own a birkin, nothing more than 8K especially since I just want regular leather and none of the exotics..

My limit keeps accomodating what I am obessing over...at a time i vowed never to spend over 1K...then it was $1500...now I am at $2K...*cries*

I think my actualy limit would be $2K...anything after that and the bf finds out, I am on a permanent purse ban.

My limit is a Birkin, which I just bought :yahoo:
I would love to get a Croc Birkin or Kelly eventually, but that will be several years down the road since that will be a minimum $20K, and we don't have that much saved up yet for a bag... DH can accept the regular leathers only for Hermes!

Before joining Tpf, spending 300 € for me was a lot. I fell in love with a Mulberry bayswater, which in Italy retails at 695 €, and it was really a lot. Then I begun coming here regularly, watching Hermes and Chanel bags (and prices, obviously). Today I saw the Gucci 85th anniversary in a boutique, which costs about 800-900 €, and I thought "Mmm, not so much! Affordable!"
I do really think I'm going to attend Bags anonymous (?) one day...
Anyway, I still haven't spent more than 110 € (4 years ago), but it soon will change.

I like to be sensible with my money so I will just buy one bag a year but then I can have pretty much whatever I would like.

My most expensive bag was about $2000 but I had the money saved and had also invested some money too, so I think that's fair enough.

It's lovely to have nice things but the things I read about women going into debt to buy luxury goods, well i think that's a shame because part of being an attractive woman is being financially smart, not in debt.

I would like to encourage all the girls here to love their handbags but to earn them and be sensible with their purchases!

The World, My Playground

I don't think I would spend more than $500. I just know that the "patina" that I would find so attractive on a bag within that limit would turn into "scratches" on anything over that amount.:lol:

The most I ever spent on a bag was around 1700 and I liked to killed myself as my debit card was being swiped. I dont think I will spend that much anytime soon. But then again up until the minute I bought my Chanel bag I didn't think I was going to spend 1700 either.