What is considered VINTAGE these days?

Brennamom

O.G.
May 8, 2007
Hi All!

Did a search but couldn't find this as a topic. If it is, please direct me, if not, here is my question:

Since time is relative, what is considered vintage anymore? For example, I know my French Company Speedy is, even w/o a date code, and my Trocadero dates from the same time frame because I can see the date code. Is there a frame of reference, say, anything before 1990 is considered vintage? By the same token, I have a LE Coach Hampton that is only 10 years old that the Coach Store considers vintage....

So, my partners in crime, what do YOU consider vintage?

Commentary w/pictures is always appreciated and a great reference tool.

Thanks!

True, and I think that's a good yardstick, but that would mean that the last of the French Co. LVs would only be 16 yrs. old, and I don't think anyone would dispute that they are vintage. So, is it more than just their age? Would lineage or limited-edition status elevate a piece to "vintage" despite its age?

20 years? Dear god, does that mean I'm vintage?!
Okay, kidding, but I agree. Ten years is really, really pushing it for vintage, IMO.
I agree, I think most stuff from the 80's now is considered vintage. Gads I am old

EXACTLY! That's what started me thinking about this. If we feel this way, and every ebay title starts w/"vintage LV" regardless of age, just what passes for vintage anymore? Since this is the most knowledgeable group of bag ladies I know, I wanted to throw the idea out there...Hopefully Addy or Lee (our resident vintage experts) will weigh in soon with their oppintions. Thanks everyone!:heart:

Ok. I'm freightened! :shocked: I saw this b/c I was JUST thinking about "what is vintage" this morning and now I come in here and there's a thread on it. LOL You ladies (and gents) really read my LV mind. :rochard:

I would love to know what is considered vintage in regard to age. I do consider my vintage Speedy vintage but its there an "actual" time frame for vintage?

Personally, vintage LV for me is anything pre-1990... so that would include the FC items, Sak's items, 70s, 80's items.

I'm sure you'll get different responses from different people. ;)