What does VCA classify as entry level pieces?

Sep 8, 2023
I was wondering tonight about what VCA classifies as entry level. I know myself, someone who works hard to own luxuries, sees pieces like the Perlee Clover bracelet as very expensive and something which needs to be worked towards and saved for - and is no where near entry level. But with the company having some clients who are very wealthy and apparently classifying clients with 100k spend as “promising”, is the perlee clover bracelet entry level? Is a 20 motif entry level? To us it’s not, but to the company/maison, im starting to feel it might be.

What do you think? Are jewelry companies out of touch with reality or are their clients just that wealthy?

But with the company having some clients who are very wealthy and apparently classifying clients with 100k spend as “promising”,
All established fine jewelry houses marketing to high-net-worth clientele have figured out that said folks are promising. There are clients for whom a four-figure purchase is the top of their disposal income, and others who on some other day of the week might be endowing a hospital or museum wing. How this reality should or could affect any particular VCA customer is, well, one's choice.

Last edited:
I think you are asking two different questions in some ways, but I will try to answer the title question. This is my opinion only. I don’t think entry level pieces are entirely based on price, though often they may be priced lower than some options that would not be considered entry level. I believe entry level is quite literal, they are the pieces that most people will buy as their first, second, third, fourth, fifth pieces etc. These are the pieces that everyone wants to buy, everyone recognizes, they basically sell themselves, typically Alhambra, Frivole and Perlee clover pieces. After X purchases, what does the client do? When they feel, “I have enough Alhambra, Frivole, Perlee…” Do they move on from the brand to another one for the most part, or do they dive in deeper? Is it a lifestyle brand for them? Yes, that could mean purchasing high jewelry, but it doesn’t have to. If the client wants to buy a pair of diamond studs, do they buy VCA studs/Fleurettes or do they buy no-brand studs because “you can’t tell the brand anyway”? If they want a watch, do they go for the most well-known watch brands that retain their value, or do they build their watch collection with several VCA timepieces? Do they buy from the less-popular VCA lines like the Perlee coleurs bracelets and zodiac gemstone pendants? Yes, of course they may often buy from the High Jewelry line as well; however, it’s not entirely a price consideration because for example, the 10 motif pave Alhambra necklace could likely be considered an entry-level piece, even though it is an expensive one and certainly appreciated, while the flowerlace pendant for example would be less expensive, but more likely to be purchased by the client who is not “one [3,5,x] and done” but who will keep coming back to VCA, looking for ways to find what they want from the brand because the brand history and aesthetics speak to them, rather than looking for what item of the moment they want and whether some other jewelry source is the best place to buy it from.

Last edited:
I think you are asking two different questions in some ways, but I will try to answer the title question. This is my opinion only. I don’t think entry level pieces are entirely based on price, though often they may be priced lower than some options that would not be considered entry level. I believe entry level is quite literal, they are the pieces that most people will buy as their first, second, third, fourth, fifth pieces etc. These are the pieces that everyone wants to buy, everyone recognizes, they basically sell themselves, typically Alhambra, Frivole and Perlee clover pieces. After X purchases, what does the client do? When they feel, “I have enough Alhambra, Frivole, Perlee…” Do they move on from the brand to another one for the most part, or do they dive in deeper? Is it a lifestyle brand for them? Yes, that could mean purchasing high jewelry, but it doesn’t have to. If the client wants to buy a pair of diamond studs, do they buy VCA studs/Fleurettes or do they buy no-brand studs because “you can’t tell the brand anyway”? If they want a watch, do they go for the most well-known watch brands that retain their value, or do they build their watch collection with several VCA timepieces? Do they buy from the less-popular VCA lines like the Perlee coleurs bracelets and zodiac gemstone pendants? Yes, of course they may often buy from the High Jewelry line as well; however, it’s not entirely a price consideration because for example, the 10 motif pave Alhambra necklace could likely be considered an entry-level piece, even though it is an expensive one and certainly appreciated, while the flowerlace pendant for example would be less expensive, but more likely to be purchased by the client who is not “one [3,5,x] and done” but who will keep coming back to VCA, looking for ways to find what they want from the brand because the brand history and aesthetics speak to them, rather than looking for what item of the moment they want and whether some other jewelry source is the best place to buy it from.
You explained it so well! Completely agree. I also feel that entry level pieces are just the most advertised and well recognized ones (majority or people would first buy MOP 5 motif, MOP pendant, etc) before going deeper into the world (and spending) at VCA.

I don't think VCA has entry level pieces. It's not like they have some flagship product that can only be accessed by purchasing an "inferior" or more affordable products first before getting the opportunity to buy that said flagship product. Kind of like Birkins or Kellys with Hermès that, for the most part, you have to establish a relationship with the store first by buying some other stuff that is not a bag--entry level products, as it were.

For some people, including me, buying a vintage Alhambra bracelet or necklace (even one motif) is their only VCA goal, and those can be bought easily on the website without buying an "entry level" piece first.