what does LV do with returned bags?

ColtsFan86 said:
According to my former SA, full-time employees are allowed to purchase up to a certain dollar amount per year from RTV - the slightly damaged bags. She really loaded up before leaving!

This is what I'm told too. My friend's boyfriend works at the LV in Neiman Marcus and he says that employees get to buy the bags with slight markings and stuff on it for a huge discount.

I stopped feeling bad about returning bags when I bought an MJ Sophia at NM a few years ago, and found a perfume sample bottle in one of the pockets! (And yes, eventually I did return that bag myself -- too heavy! -- and bought an LV mongram Alma instead.)

susanlau11 said:
This is what I'm told too. My friend's boyfriend works at the LV in Neiman Marcus and he says that employees get to buy the bags with slight markings and stuff on it for a huge discount.

Hmm...that might be the reason why SA's don't get disappointed when people return their bags... well, maybe he he ;)

satine112 said:
my LV SA, assistant manager, says he gets 30% off. So that is for reg. merchandise.

And he's an assistant manager.

As far as returns I believe it, my best friends speedy had a mark on the handle when she bought it, a tiny pen mark, she took it back and told them she wanted one that still had plastic on it.
Wonder if I could convince my sa to let me buy one from her that has a small mark on it? :nuts:

bags2riches said:
Well in order for LV to accept the return, it has to be in "saleable condition" so they do NOT shred them or anything. They resell it. They do not accept returns where item clearly looks used unless there is a defect. If you read an LV receipt it will mention "saleable condition"
I was just thinking How can you return a bag with a patina??? They are pretty strict with returns.

ok, i have exchanged my speedy once due to tiny imperfections, n the SA made a note on my receipt for the exchange.

And I 'open ceremony' my new bag yest but silly me carried it on the arm with my bracelet watch, now it has got some slight dents on the handles. Do u think i can exchange it again?:shame:

Or any ways to make it go away?

I asked my SA last time I was at the store and she said that LV destroys the bags that have been returned or have been on display if they have tiny scratches/stains.:amazed: I asked why they (SAs) don't get some sort of discount or whatever on the bags that have been returned and she said that the company wants every bag sold to be perfect even if it is sold to an employee.

Just because LV has a 14 day return policy doesn't mean they expect you to wear the bag for 14 days and then return it. IMO it is unethical to wear a bag and then return it. It is one thing to try it on in the house, with different outfits, etc. It is another to wear it out and then return it because you changed your mind. If you find a defect that it a whole different story.
Geez, you wear a bag and return it, expecting LV to take a loss on it and then you complain that prices are so high???!!!

I brought this up in my keepall post. It's 14 days to return for a refund but most places will accept a bag back up to 30 days for an exchange.

I had questions on my Keepall but since its a bag that will be used often I didn't get to upset.

This is why I think I wil start to but my bags from elux...with the plastic still on the handles.

lulilu said:
Just because LV has a 14 day return policy doesn't mean they expect you to wear the bag for 14 days and then return it. IMO it is unethical to wear a bag and then return it. It is one thing to try it on in the house, with different outfits, etc. It is another to wear it out and then return it because you changed your mind. If you find a defect that it a whole different story.
Geez, you wear a bag and return it, expecting LV to take a loss on it and then you complain that prices are so high???!!!

I'm sure everyoine HERE agrees with this but let's face it, this happens often.

SuzyZ said:
I was just thinking How can you return a bag with a patina??? They are pretty strict with returns.

Well I just brought a new Keepall from Saks with patina. If the bags have been there a long time you will see a hint of patina.

PurseFanatic said:
And he's an assistant manager.

As far as returns I believe it, my best friends speedy had a mark on the handle when she bought it, a tiny pen mark, she took it back and told them she wanted one that still had plastic on it.
Wonder if I could convince my sa to let me buy one from her that has a small mark on it? :nuts:

This is true....The lady that does my hair just told me this yesterday! She saw my Speedy and noticed it was real. She said, " I hope you didn't pay full price for that"...I said YES. Well her friend that works for Saks was sitting right next to me and said she can buy it 30% off!! Of course this was AFTER I had already purchased my Keepall UGH!

Are you sure all employees get to have discounts? Im sure they're pretty strict with this since if thhey do that then emplyees can purchhase then re-sell and make money out of it. maybe they have limited number alloted depending on your position.... but not all....