What do you think about price? Baby Cabas...

Dana in CA

Jan 4, 2007
I have an opportunity to buy a new Bronze (Khaki) Baby Cabas from someone. She wants close to $2,000 for it. Do you think that is too much? Also, I have seen a few posts about questionable quality of the Cabas... is it a well made bag or is it a cheaply done bag? I haven't seen it in person . I would be buying it from someone across country and won't be able to see it before buying. Need your input, please!

Mine doesn't look cheap at all. I really tossed it around the past three days and it looks great. I'm hoping with continued use I can still say this!

I won't say the bag is cheaply made, in my case you can't really see the leather tears on the strap unless you are like 1 inch away from it. Mine is a bronze and the color is in fact gorgeous.

And with tax mine was $1943, so $2000 is a fair enough price I think.

Will the Baby Cabas (that's the one without the big CC's and with quilting on the bottom, right?) be discontinued or will I be able to get a hold of it in the summer without paying 100's of $$ more on ebay?

I have tossed mine around since Dec 2 and the leather is still pristine. The metallic leather of the bronze cabas is more durable than the distressed leather of the black, white, and teal. It's a thicker leather and doesn't fall into a heap when it's placed on the ground.