What do YOU collect??

What do you ladies and gents? collect?

Obviously ill expect the handbag response haha, but im talking about like anything?!? Whether it be from photos, to louis vuitton vernis cles's, to stuffed animals..

Me first:::
I collect snowglobes, I decided since i travel so much more than anyone I know that I should start knowing where I have been. I only started collection about 6 months ago! Which is sad since ive been to so many more places.. Well heres the places so far:
Hong Kong, Australia, New York, London, Georgia, Florida, Thailand, Singapore, New Zealand, Paris, China, Cancun, Venice, Chicago, Italy, New Orleans, North Carolina, California, Niagra Falls, San Fransisco, Hawaii, San Diego.

Your turn!!:yes:

I wanted to do the snowglobe collection too! But people warned me that I could end up getting chintzy plastic ones from every one I knew... So I compromised and I collect little model landmarks from different places. Like I have an Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, Leaning Tower of Pisa, a little Dutch windmill, London telephone booth, SF Golden Gate bridge, etc., etc.

A lot of my collections are things I used to collect:

Shot glasses.

Barbies (I have two Christmas ones, a Colonial one and a replica of a '50s one).

Swarovski crystal animals (That was when I was younger and I broke them).

when i was a kid, i collected model horses (mostly breyers). they're all in storage now. i have around 35 or so. i still look for them, but don't actively buy them anymore. my husband collects legos, star wars and firefighter *coughcrapcough* memorabilia. that's enough clutter for my house.

i guess i have a book collection though. there are piles of them everywhere and i have mulitiple copies of the same book for whatever reason (different translation or forward, etc). there's not really rhyme or eason to it, i just don't give anything away. we don't have cable, so we've amassed quite a dvd and board game collection as well.

magnats are easier to deal with souvinear wise than say a tee shirt or something, so i keep picking those up...i guess i collect more than i thought.

For the past thirty years or so, whenever I have travelled (which hasn't been often!) or whenever someone I know has gone to another country, I ask them to bring me back a bit of dirt.

Most of my collection is in humble containers, like film cans or little jars, but sometimes people will bring back the dirt in a pretty container that shows the art of wherever it came from. For instance when my next door neighbors went to visit their families, in Iran and Ukraine, I got my dirt in a pretty red bottle with a beautiful portrait of an ancient Emperor of Persia, surrounded by elaborate scrollwork, and a fat little wooden jar painted all over with the delicate designs remniscent of an Ukranian Easter egg!

Mr. Puff and I keep saying that we are going to get nice little containers for all the old film cans and plain glass baby food jars, and make a way out of no way to somehow give the collection the display showcase it deserves, and I always do keep an eye out at the dollar store for the containers, but so far, it remains one of those projects that just hasn't gotten done!

But the old film cans and fading labels and jumbly placement on the shelf do not now nor have they ever diminish the joy and pleasure I get from the collection - if I am watching a TV show about India, I can go get my little film can with my little bit of India and set it on the coffee table so it can watch, too!

And our guests are always pleased and delighted to discover that they are sharing a roof with dirt from El Salvador or France or Yemen or wherever they are from - and of course if we don't have their homeland, it's a great lead-in to ask them to bring me back some dirt next time they go! :idea:

T-shirts. (Not only do I have t-shirts of my university and my university's football team, I have t-shirts of my brother's college and his college's basketball team.)

I also have a Patriots t-shart, as well as t-shirts from all three times The Patriots won the Super Bowl.

I've been trying to collect t-shirts from the places I travel.
I have a t-shirt from Phoenix, one from St. Maarten that says, "Good girls go to Heaven, bad girls go to the Caribbean" and a Leonardo Da Vinci t-shirt my parents brought back from Rome.

When I went to New York, I got an I :heart: NY shirt and one from when I saw Spamalot! on Broadway.

I have, in the past, collected...

-McCoy, Franciscan and Jonathan Adler pottery - most went to an ex who loves the stuff more than me
-Snowglobes, till I got tired of dusting them, packed 'em up to my brother's attic
- Contemporary art - pays for itself!
- Handbags... still going strong!

Pressed pennies! You know, from those machines where you stick a penny (and $.50 in) and it presses an image into the penny.

I've collected them all my life and try to get one whenever I travel somewhere new- it's fun looking back at them. I have a box full of them.

As far as fashion goes...I'm a sucker for anything by Nanette Lepore. It's kind of ridiculous how many pieces I own from her line....:love: