What coat are you going to wear this fall/winter?

I have a Michael Kors down jacket for when it's freezing and for dressy/dress casual I have a vintage wool coat with a fox fur collar and cuffs that's so well made it's gone 3 winters with me and still looks new.

I went waaay out on a limb and got this Kenneth Cole Reaction pea coat. I was reluctant because it cost far less than any clothing I've ever bought, and usually coats are the most $$.

It's fabulous! I just got it back from the tailor and it fits like a dream and is much richer-looking than its price. I've never worn winter white in a coat before so I'm excited for this F/W! Black cashmere turtleneck, dark denim, black boots, killer bag, an amazing scarf if it's extra cold and I'm all set :wlae:

In addition to that, I have a slew of black and navy leather jackets which are close-fitting and wonderful, plus a couple of camel-hair coats in tan and black (both Calvin Klein) which are long-time staples and holding up amazingly well after 8+ years :love: .

Let's just say I could go on for days about coats; there's always room for one more! :heart:

I only bought in yesterday a Sportsmax parka the one that has currently been in the ENGLISH Vogue i love it i can wear it with anything they are really the in coat for this winter in England.:yes:

probably my north face parka without the belt, i dont know if im going to get another coat this year, because i also have a fleece and you couldnt be toastier in both.

Awwww coats! My #1 addiction. Mostly my black 2003 T5S long black coat before they made them all shiny & gaudy the next few seasons with tacky pink lining. But before the snow hits, either my 2005 Lux coat or my 2005 Marc Jacobs light pink peacoat.

i'm looking for a nice down coat. wool coats just don't keep me warm enough when it is 32 and below. so i'm still searching for one to replace my old kenneth cole one.

I am getting a new coat :biggrin: I'm not too precious about which one at the mo, I'm just going to see what I find. I do love this one from Burberry $725 at Nieman, so I'm definitely looking for somethign along these lines. It needs to be something a little darker than this colour though, or it will drain me :sad: Prada had a perfect one last year, I really wanted it!! but it sold out before I got a look in:sad:

Coats I think are really worth investing money in, they need to be of a reasonable quality & they are normally worn for years. I have several, but if I see a new one I like I'm normally quite happy to buy it as I know I'll get use out of it.

Burberry beige.JPG

elongreach said:
Gorgeous LV. But won't you get cold in that Canada winter? Do you layer a lot?

Thank you!:flowers: I find that I go from the garage to the car to the underground parking, etc. I am not really outside that much. I have a sheepskin coat for when I am outside with my son building snow forts, etc.:lol:

I saw some really cute coats at the Abercrombie outlet for around $50! I might be getting one of those. I really want a cute trench coat (there's a pink one on ebay I have my eye on) and a coat from delia's as well... !

I want to get a J.Crew coat. Either the Grace or Lady Day coat in Dark Kelly. I tried on the Grace. Not too fond of the rounded collar. But it does look nice on. They're both $298

1. Grace Coat
2. Lady Day Coat

Attachments

• 77910_GR7243.jpg
    77910_GR7243.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 79203_GR7243.jpg
    79203_GR7243.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 123