went to London to window shop, but came home with a new scarf...

What a happy story and kudos on your willpower - I'm sure it will be rewarded!

Your losange is very lovely, but you are even more so wearing it - and your dd is equally gorgeous - congratulations! :heart:

Your DD is gorgeous!! (And so smart, too! I hope my DDs will be as disciplined and have such good taste as they get older) I love the contrasting hem on that losange--pretty :love:

Gorgeous pics, allaboutnice. The scarf is divine, and I am truly impressed with how you've taught DD the value of money in an age of instant gratification. You've done her a great service for her future. :smile:

Thank you everyone for all your lovely comments, they're much appreciated, DD sends her thanks too. I hope she DOES remember these shoppings trips together with me. I think her main abiding memory of London is the scrum and crowds getting into the new Primark on Oxford Street and the thrill of buying a shed load of clothes and shoes for her for under 30 pounds, LOL.

MrsS, yes, the colour does change on the folds in the light, that's called 'changeant' is it? It's the first mousseline I have bought so I thought they were ALL like that. I LOVE that effect and it makes the scarf go well with all my black clothes.

I have a another silk scarf from Hermes, a 70cm square special edition size that is called 'soie de scarabe' or something like that; that also changes colour under the light. I think it's named after the scarab beetle which has a shiny carapace that changes colour under the light. Here's a pic to compare them:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• rehermes4.jpg
    rehermes4.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 58
  • soiescarf5.jpg
    soiescarf5.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 78
I love your new scarf, AAN. You and your daughter are just gorgeous.

I'm sure she'll remember these trips. One day she'll be old enough to wear your H stuff, and she'll have all these warm, fantastic memories of trips and shopping with her Mom. She'll tell your granddaughters and greatgranddaughters: "Oh, I remember skiing in with mom to pick this up," or "I remember when I was in London with mom and we got this scarf. That was such a fun day."

I love that scarab scarf,too.