Weird feeling about Damier Azur

Lisa-SH

Lisa-SH
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
:confused1: :confused1: I was ready to purchase Damier Azur speedy 30 a while ago, but now when looking at the pics (having no chance going into store to take a look yet), and comparing with Damier speedy 30, why I feel I am going to choose Damier instead. Does it only happen to me ?

I saw it in real life in the LV store here and think the Damier Azur speedy 30 is a cute bag... but would be limited by time of year to use it (IMO it seems like a spring/summer bag)... and I decided that I'd prefer the regular Damier in a speedy next.

So I'm totally there with you. Regular Damier over the Azur.

I already have damier..if I haven't, I would feel the same way. I think I like normal damier better .I want to add damier Azur speedy just to keep my other speedies company.

i saw the azur line in store today... the speedy 25 and the mini pochette accessories wuz waiting for me... but then i think it's too light in colour and would look bad with a dark patina so i decided to get the speedy 25 refunded... the mini pochette is pretty cute... i'm gonna give it to my sister =)

I'm wondering if it depends on whether you liked it from the pictures or not? Cuz I think I was part of the minority who thought it really didn't look that great just from seeing all the photos, but I saw it IRL yesterday and I tried on the Saleya Azur and it was gorgeous! I love how it looks now - but I have to agree on wondering how it'll look once the handle patinas. I like it now b/c the whiteness of the handles basically match the cream in the canvas pattern.. but I wonder whether I think it'll look weird.

I guess the test is to wear one of my mono bags to the LV store and hold some patinaed leather beside the azur canvas to try and get a sense of it...

I'm wondering if it depends on whether you liked it from the pictures or not? Cuz I think I was part of the minority who thought it really didn't look that great just from seeing all the photos, but I saw it IRL yesterday and I tried on the Saleya Azur and it was gorgeous! I love how it looks now - but I have to agree on wondering how it'll look once the handle patinas. I like it now b/c the whiteness of the handles basically match the cream in the canvas pattern.. but I wonder whether I think it'll look weird.

I guess the test is to wear one of my mono bags to the LV store and hold some patinaed leather beside the azur canvas to try and get a sense of it...

^ good call!!!

Even better if we can take a picture for reference..:graucho: any volunteer??

I am excited to see how the patina will look. I think it will look great, maybe with the darkest of patinas it might look odd. Azur reminds me of sailors or something! It has a very nautical feel to me. I think thats what they were going for, especially incorporating the rope into that one bag in the line (sorry don't know name).