Wedding, to go or not to go?

Feb 20, 2006
I have a semi-dilema. I know this girl thru my parents. Mine and hers are very close friends. So we used to hang out and talk when we were in high school. At the time (about 6-7 years ago), i introduced her to this guy i know. They hooked up and invited me to their wedding this June. :love:

The problem is, after high school, the girl and i kinda fell apart and stopped hanging out or talking. No specific reason. Now, i don't think i want to go to her wedding, just b/c im not close with her anymore and i don't know anyone at the wedding. My parents are going to the wedding.

Do you guys think im obligated to go? (b/c i was kinda the match maker) Is it rude to not go??? I plan to just send the gifts... However, i feel bad for not going, she's so nice.. and sweet... Is it awful of me??? :shame:
Advice, please. Thanks.

i think you should go since you were responsible for setting them up. if anything, you can hang out w/ the 'rents? also if you bring a date i'm sure you won't be bored. i love going to weddings! free food & free alcohol ;).

hm... if you really don't wanna go then don't go. it's not like you guys are that close anyways. if anything you can make up some excuse if it ever comes up.

vuittonGirl said:
Minnie, yes, i really really don't want to go.. :o(

I personally wouldn't go if I didn't feel like going. I would just get them a nice wedding gift with a nice congratulations card. Weddings are such a happy event-guests should want to celebrate with you. If I couldn't feel like I would want to celebrate with them, then I wouldn't attend.

If you don't want to go, don't go.

In my mind if you attend your gonna spend more on a gift.

SO just send a nice gift and note wishing them well and expressing how you wish you could attend but you cna't

ally24k said:
i think you should go since you were responsible for setting them up. if anything, you can hang out w/ the 'rents? also if you bring a date i'm sure you won't be bored. i love going to weddings! free food & free alcohol ;).

Free food and alcohol? Honey, are you sure you are not part Irish?:biggrin:

Never feel obligated to do anything you don't want to do. If you don't want to go, send the gift and a nice note. That's better than the bride seeing you looking bored at her wedding.

envyme said:
Never feel obligated to do anything you don't want to do. If you don't want to go, send the gift and a nice note. That's better than the bride seeing you looking bored at her wedding.
I agree, if she even notices you at all! so many brides are in a fog on their wedding day. a nice gift with a thoughtful note would do. or maybe you can just attend the ceremony with your folks and leave after that?

I think you should go-- you introduced them!! I understand that you realy don't want to-- but I think it is just one of those times that you should suck it up and go. I'm sure you being there will make them happy and you all were friends once- right?