We are having our cat put down on Tuesday...

As many times as I have lost a beloved pet, it never gets easier--it's heart-breaking each and every time. They give us so much and we desperately want them to get better. Sometimes that doesn't happen, and they depend on us to help relieve them from their suffering. That is our gift to them when they aren't going to get well. Let yourselves grieve this loss--it seems overwhelming, I know. There's no short-cut. I hope it helps a little that so many of us are thinking of you now and sending our prayers.

I am sorry lovey - Im thinking of you today and your family - but you've done the right thing.

She will be a lot happier where's she's going - no more pain - and that can only be good.

Horrid for you - but much better for her.

Im thinking of you!

I am crying as I read this thread. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you are going through. At least Pita is out of her pain, and she knows she lived a great life, and she will meet up with you at Rainbow Bridge. My prayers are with you during this time.

You and your family are in my thoughts & prayers, I know how difficult a time this is. Making that decision is not easy. I've been told to watch for the same symptoms in my 18 yr old cat now for years, and I keep crossing my fingers that it isn't going to happen and am crying just thinking about how painful of a decision that was for your daughter, she's a strong girl. I'm very sorry for your family's loss:sad:

Oh, I am so sorry. I cried reading your post. I went through a similar situation with my kitty Kasey, and you just never recover from that. We are here for you, whatever support you need.

Just draw your strength now from the fact that you were a loving mom and did the right thing by your darling Pita......that was the only thing that got me through, knowing I did what was best for Kasey. It still helps me, when I am missing her.....that part never goes away.

Sending special prayers your way today.....

I am so sorry for your loss, I recently went through the loss of my lil fuzzy baby boy kitten too :crybaby:

Just know that your baby is waiting for you at the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.