Watching Threads Function has Gone Haywire

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
A recent development has been occurring since approx. the beginning of this week

Recently, every time I post on any thread I seem to be automatically enlisted to watch and 'replies' show up on my 'alerts' and emails. I don't ever click watch over any thread. I don't want to watch any single thread. I have tried clearing watching threads both singularly and on the 'watched threads' and while it clears those already I am still being subscribed to each thread I post in.

It's getting on my nerves as it's filling-up my email in-box and getting in the way of reading alerts. I certainly need to see who quotes me fairly quickly incase there's a question.

Perhaps others are having the same problem? :shrugs:

Not sure how or why it started but how can switch off this auto-function

P.S. My 'watch forum' is fine and only lists forums I want to watch.

A recent development has been occurring since approx. the beginning of this week

Recently, every time I post on any thread I seem to be automatically enlisted to watch and 'replies' show up on my 'alerts' and emails. I don't ever click watch over any thread. I don't want to watch any single thread. I have tried clearing watching threads both singularly and on the 'watched threads' and while it clears those already I am still being subscribed to each thread I post in.

It's getting on my nerves as it's filling-up my email in-box and getting in the way of reading alerts. I certainly need to see who quotes me fairly quickly incase there's a question.

Perhaps others are having the same problem? :shrugs:

Not sure how or why it started but how can switch off this auto-function

P.S. My 'watch forum' is fine and only lists forums I want to watch.

You've probably already thought of this, but just in case.... are the first couple of boxes below unchecked in your preferences? Maybe that's it? Good luck!

IMG_2010.jpg

You've probably already thought of this, but just in case.... are the first couple of boxes below unchecked in your preferences? Maybe that's it? Good luck!

View attachment 3530483

Thanks for replying Cosmopolitan

First place I checked and revisited but on my phone which sometimes takes a while to buffer if on fast train etc. Just ticked and then un-ticked again and saved from my laptop, hopefully that will make the difference, fingers crossed :yes:

Well, I switched it off this morning by unticking box again thinking maybe went too quick on my phone - It lasted till 17:00 but it's watching threads automatically again, drat.