watch face repair

jc2239

O.G.
Nov 28, 2005
since so many of you ladies are much much knowledgable than me in the shopping department, i was wondering if any of you could help me out :shame:......i've been thinking of getting myself an expensive (at least expensive for me :Push:smile: watch for the longest time.....i still can't afford it but i'm getting there by cutting back on the bags :sad:....so anyways my major concern is the watch face.....i'm just about the clumsiest person in the world, and i'm ALWAYS banging my wrist on something......on walls when i turn on corner, on drawers while taking clothes out, on closet doors, clothing racks, while trying to hit people in dreams :blink:.......so obviously this results in all my the faces of my watches eventually having little chips/cracks in them......and i was wondering, can you replace the glass on the faces of your watches? i'd hate to spend thousands on a watch only to have to throw it away a few months later when i crack the face :sad: (and "trying harder" to take care of it isn't really an option....i'm really really careful but just extremely clumsy and i need a watch for everyday use :P)

Don't worry about getting the faces scratched or cracked. Expensive watches have sapphire crystal faces that's scratch resistant. I have a Rolex that's been through hell and the face is still good as new. I just wish that the bands are scratch resistant too.

awww thanks pursegal.......i definitely can't afford a rolex, but i'm looking at a technomarine.....i hope its face is just as good :shame:, and the strap is ceramic which means i probably don't need to worry about scratches on that end :smile:

[edit[ i just checked.....it does have a sapphire face yay :lol: