Was this rude of my cpa to say?

I'd let it go. I wouldn't respond to his e-mail. I've always found that the best way to get a message across to someone is to ignore them. He is not the sort of person I care to do business with.

I would find someone else to handle all my affairs and write this guy off.

Ignorant just means you don't know any better, and unfortunately the way it is used a lot is in a negative way.

I wouldn't email him back at all. It was a while ago....If you didn't like his service, just find another CPa.

I agree that you should find a new CPA- there is no reason to go to someone you're uncomfortable with if there are many more out there!

Also- there was no need to be rude- I mean, if you were an expert at this stuff, why would you need him? haha

I agree that you should find a new CPA- there is no reason to go to someone you're uncomfortable with if there are many more out there!

Also- there was no need to be rude- I mean, if you were an expert at this stuff, why would you need him? haha

True, and all I asked him was "What about REITS" or "What do you think of REITS", I was asking for his opinion and professional expertise. It's not like I said "Ohhh I think REITS are GREAT, what do you think?"

He called me ignorant and uneducated just because I asked him his opinion. It's his job to give it to me! Obviously I'm not an expert because I don't live and breathe investments. It was only a question. And there's a saying that goes something like "There's no such thing as a stupid question except one that isn't asked" or something similar.