Wallmart buys Hermes.....

So, this being a hypothetical question, I will also assume hypothetical outcomes ...

Wallmart will try to "enhance" the production process of the Birkin, to meet world demand (or so they think) by pre-fabricating certain aspects of the bag making. This just means that not 100% of the bag making will be hand made anymore. The bid would of course be to expedite the process. So, instead of 20 hours on a bag, it could well reduce to 15 hours per bag.

And the culture would all the different. Like all management in corporates, they will NEVER leave a new business alone, and will interfere with the way things have successfully been done. I think they will never understand why the French want to adhere to old age ways of producing the coveted bag. And they will want changes. Then you will have exodus of craftsmen who are loyal to Hermes and passionate about their work. That means no more Birkin.

So ... there is NO way I will continue to support a brand that I know will turn awry ....

All of this is hypothetically speaking. Wallmart should stick with its winning formula of doing what it does all these years. Stay away from Hermes :roflmfao: