Wallet, zip clutch..should I? Owners I need your input!

bakuhatsu

Sep 18, 2006
Hi all,

Gosh its been a while since I posted on here. I miss it! :P
So, I bought a black ZB back in November (still haven't gotten around to posting pics, I know..I'm bad) and now I want an MJ wallet. Not necessarily to use only w/the ZB, but to use in general. For those who own MJ wallets/clutch style wallets, how are they? I currently use a wallet that measures about 7 x 3.5 and I know that the MJ zip clutch is larger than that. What I wonder is..will I think its a humongous difference? And for those of you who own a zip clutch, do you use it regularly as a wallet?

:confused1:

Also, does the non-patent black quilted zip clutch come w/nickel (silver?) hardware or gold? I saw one on Ebay but just wanted to make sure. The medium size quilted wallet (w/a billfold) also looks cute....any info on that style? I've only seen the medium wallet in the quilted form, not sure if they made any in that size that weren't quilted. Lol ok I'm done...I'm sorry I'm asking a bazillion questions. Any input would be greatly appreciated! :heart: :heart:

I use to use a trifold type wallet before my zip clutch, and the transition was ridiculously easy. I love using the ZC because sometimes I don't feel like lugging my bag around, so I can just grab the ZC and go. It's got lots of compartments to help keep you organized and my papers and receipts don't end up wrinkled. I use the front zip pocket for change and it's easy to dig for it there.

I saw you should go for the ZC!!

I love, love, love my zip clutch. I bought one in Emerald a couple of months ago from NAP when it went on sale. At first I was worried it would be too big and bulky. Granted it is large and somewhat heavy, but it holds so much that I think it's far worth it. It's a great wallet and it really does serve as a clutch if you want to carry it by itself. I say go for the zip clutch too!

^^ ooh, thanks you guys!! Your input really helped me. I think I'm leaning towards a black ZC. It's on eluxury right now..I'm so close to hitting that you know what button. Hehe!

Another question for you all, is golden hardware on black look too overpowering for such a little thing? I have golden hardware on my black ZB, but then again its only one small koala nose. I'm trying to figure out if I want the ZC w/silver hardware or the quilted ZC w/golden hardware. Opinions anyone? TIA!

I LOVE my zip clutch!!!! It keeps me very organized..I know where everything is (amazingly) and never 'fumble' when finding anything in a pinch..I will be buying another one at some point..I fI could afford it I'd have one in every color.....This is the best wallet I've ever owned...I say buy it w/o any reservations....Really..It's a charm!! Good luck! :heart: Emmy

I don't think the gold hardware is overpowering at all. I also have the emerald ZC and it looks incredible with the gold. Love love love it!

I have seen and visited the other others but i just love the way the zip clutch looks!!

I have a zip clutch on its way to me =)))) i'm so excited and I saw it many times and every time i just loved it more.

I carry ALOT of stuff in my wallet (receipts, dry cleaning stubs, bank cards, credit cards, doctor cards, other cards, coins, cash and checks) so the compartments and size of the wallet seemed really good to me.

and I love the gold hardware!! personally, i think a black with gold hardware would be really classy. I've been trying to find one myself actually so hopefully i'll add one to my collection soon =)

Also, does the non-patent black quilted zip clutch come w/nickel (silver?) hardware or gold? I saw one on Ebay but just wanted to make sure. The medium size quilted wallet (w/a billfold) also looks cute....any info on that style? I've only seen the medium wallet in the quilted form, not sure if they made any in that size that weren't quilted. Lol ok I'm done...I'm sorry I'm asking a bazillion questions. Any input would be greatly appreciated! :heart: :heart:

Are you near MJ boutique in SF? If yes, definitely check out the wallets there. There are more than 15 styles to choose from every season, most non-mj stores usually get Zip Clutch and a few others only.

Many styles including (Medium Wallet) are available in non-quilted as well.

Partial listing of Small Leather Goods from Resort 2006.

* SOFT CALF CLASSIC SLG *

ZIP CLUTCH
C363401
8 x 4 x 0.5"
$395USD
Colors: Black, Cocoa, Tapioca, Sand, Olive, Scarlet, Topaz

LARGE WALLET
C363403
7.5 x 4.25 x 0.75"
$375USD
Colors: Black, Cocoa, Sand, Olive

ZIP WALLET
C363404
4.5 x 3.75 x 0.75"
$325USD
Colors: Black, Tapioca, Olive, Scarlet

LITTLE DOUBLE FACE
C363405
4 x 3.5 x 7.5
$250USD
Colors: Scarlet

CREDIT CARD CASE
C363406
$175USD
Colors: Black, Cocoa, Tapioca

DOUBLE FACE WALLET
C363410
4 x 3.75 x 1.5"
$350USD
Colors: Colors: Black, Cocoa, Tapioca, Olive

KEY POUCH
C363412
5.5 x 3 x 0.25
$125USD
Colors: Black, Cocoa, Tapioca, Sand, Olive, Scarlet

* BAL HARBOUR SLG *

COSMETIC CASE
C363423
8.5 x 4.5 x 1.5"
$475USD
Colors: Black, Eggshell, Moccasin, Turquoise

* MIXED QUILTED LEATHER SLG *
< 97% goat + 3% calf>

ZIP CLUTCH
C363413
7.75 x 4 x 1"
$450USD
Colors: Black, Truffle, Plum, Oatmeal, Bisque

LARGE WALLET
C363415
7.5 x 4 x 1"
$425USD
Colors: Black, Truffle, Cherry, Bisque, (Oatmeal)

MEDIUM WALLET
C363416
5 x 4 x 1"
$375USD
Colors: Black, Truffle, Oatmeal, Plum

KEY POUCH
C363418
5.5 x 3 x 0.25"
$185USD
Colors: Black, Cherry, ...

COSMETIC CASE
C363420
8 x 5 x 2"
$295USD
Colors: Black, Cherry, Truffle,

<lambskin>
WRISTLET POUCHETTE
C363040
$475USD
Colors: Gold, Gun,

* QUILTED SIGNATURE LEATHER SLG *

* QUILTED SIGNATURE NYLON SLG *

* SWEET PUNK SLG *

COSMETIC POUCH
C363427
8 x 5 x 2"
$495USD
Colors: Black, Chalk, Bisque, Almond, Flou Violet, Flou Orange

(source: Marc Jacobs Look Book)

^^ Thanks everyone. I went to Nordy's and Bloomies today and checked out some ZC's......and I DEFINITELY want a ZC now!! I'm still leaning towards a black one..but I might spice it up and get the patent leather one. yay!! And thanks to all who gave me their input about the golden hardware. I was thinking it was too much, but I actually love the contrast...its so much more vibrant than the usual silver.

Did the ZC's ever come in a dark brown? I'd love to have a dark brown one too, for when I wear my earthtone handbags.

bag.lover, yes I am near the MJ boutique! I definitely will go by there to check out what they have..especially since you mentioned they still have previous seasons. I still want a more compact wallet too, for when I carry a smaller bag.

Thanks again everyone, I'll update you on my ZC/wallet adventure asap!! :flowers: < for all of you!!

S/S 06's QUILTED URSULA (patent) ZC is very pretty, I couldn't find one in Blush; my local boutique only has the key holder in Chalk left.

You won't have any problem finding a SOFT CALF Zip Clutch in dark brown, there are many recent choices: Resort 06's Cocoa, F/W 06's Whiskey, S/S 06's Nutmeg, Resort 05's Hazelnut, etc...

Talk to the SA at the boutique, he/she will be able to show you what they have available.

Did the ZC's ever come in a dark brown? I'd love to have a dark brown one too, for when I wear my earthtone handbags.

bag.lover, yes I am near the MJ boutique! I definitely will go by there to check out what they have..especially since you mentioned they still have previous seasons. I still want a more compact wallet too, for when I carry a smaller bag.< for all of you!!

I have a zip clutch too. I use it as a wallet. Agree it is a tad heavy, but I love the look, the gold against the apple green, and especially the looks I get when I carry it around.