Wake me with some H senses, PLEASE!

You know, I think I may be a little different (or possibly exactly the same lol) from a lot of H TPFers. I went to art school, and considered myself an artist for most of my life. So I could fall in love with a lot of bags!

Seriously, every fashion house has at least one droolworthy, amazing bag. With history, in many cases! Look at LV... the Noe, the trunk luggage - breathtaking. And Gucci; their horsebit and bamboo were revolutionary, calling back to older, tighter times in need of fashion despite lack of materials. YSL has always been pivotal and Chanel, my God, Chanel with her 2.55 and quilting. Chloe is a newer handbag fashion house but their leathers helped bring hides back into focus. Fendi brought collecting and trends back into "classic" with conservative but still stylish new fabrics and structure. And Hermes, well it needs no introduction.

If I let myself even walk into another designers boutique I'd be done! You'd have to hide the plastic! Well, not seriously but given the time and means to get to KNOW most bags, I truly could fall in love.

But Hermes has spoken to me in whispers that rival thunder. Never in my life have I walked in a boutique and instantly wished I had whole days to walk mere meters. I could get lost in a colour, then find myself as I'm counting perfect, handmade stitches. The history melts away as I find myself actually smelling a handbag as if it were freshly tanned leather on the hide, and pretending I am 2 centimeters tall, running along the curves of her handles.

I have loved a lot of bags. Much like people, they all have very fine qualities when you examine them closely, and take the time to know them. But only one brand makes me feel 7 years old, completely enthralled with the way something looks, feels, and smells. The way a child will look at a leaf for 20 minutes, playing with it, finding every nuance and committing it to memory, I am the same with Hermes.

Will I buy another bag that isn't Hermes? Yes, of course. Does it make me feel 7 years old, in a field with bare feet and nothing to do but touch a leaf until I've decided how it's green must feel, or speak to me? No. So thats why I keep looking at Hermes. Because from the moment I pick them up, I want to remember them forever.

I think I love you.