Vintage Kelly for my first Hermes?

shopmom411 said:
Excellent, excellent idea! At some point, you'll want to sell some of your other bags to finance an Hermes I think....this is certainly what happened to me! And then, of course, you can't stop at just one!!!!

I am very afraid of that happening! :lol:

shoes - Thanks for the site! I am going to check it out :cool:

Cristina....I don't know how much you would like to spend BUT there is a fabulous Toile & Box Calf Kelly right now on Luxury-Zurich that is just divine. It's such a classic and as far as I can tell it's in pretty good condition and from a very reputable seller. It's really a pretty, pretty bag....

shopmom411 said:
Cristina....I don't know how much you would like to spend BUT there is a fabulous Toile & Box Calf Kelly right now on Luxury-Zurich that is just divine. It's such a classic and as far as I can tell it's in pretty good condition and from a very reputable seller. It's really a pretty, pretty bag....

Do you have a link? I'd love to check it out :graucho:

Cristina, as you can see, coming over here and whispering you would "like a kelly" is a very serious thing and we're all shopping for you lol!! We love to fix up someone with a great bag!

shoes319 said:
Cristina, as you can see, coming over here and whispering you would "like a kelly" is a very serious thing and we're all shopping for you lol!! We love to fix up someone with a great bag!

LOL :lol: You guys are bad news, I need to stay out of here :P I'm going to look at the luxury-zurich bag now :graucho:

Greentea - Yes! :love: When I get a new Kelly, one of the colors I'm thinking about is white :heart:

A vintage Kelly would be gorgeous if in a good condition. You can also bring it to Hermes for refurbishment. I think vintage or not, you still have to pay quite a bit so make sure about the color that you really like.

Cristina said:
So it's not a bad idea, afterall :amuse: I was looking on eBay and saw what appeared to be a few (authentic, I hope) vintage Kellys. Here is one of them - http://cgi.ebay.com/Auth-HERMES-Vintage-32-CM-Black-Leather-KELLY-BAG-Purse_W0QQitemZ6878896643QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Not sure how I feel about black, though. I'd prefer to find one in another color :smile:

I'd love to get one now, but I really don't want to let any of my other bags go! I'm going to try and be good :angel: and save for it the old fashioned way :P

Oh my... this is so pretty! And so cheap too, at $1300... if it's real, it sounds like a bargain. Has anyone had experience with this seller? And it is from 1948...would it be tacky to purchase a pegasus lock to "update" it a little? I only ask because with my student budget, it looks like I"ll only be able to afford pre-owned or vintage :sad:

Greentea....did you check that one out on Luxury-Zurich? Isn't it lovely? I saw a woman last week in San Francisco with a Birkin in the toil/box calf combo and it was gorgeous! The PERFECT summer bag IMO.

I've seen two white Kelly bags. They are fantastic and chic but extremely hard to clean and refurbish by Hermes. I think another PF member said that they can only clean these in Paris and it takes months. Just something to consider...

Kellybag said:
Why not? I say buy what you love and why not vintage!

As for a new white Kelly...I have never seen one. Pretty neat.

BUY WHATEVER YOU LOVE WHEN YOU HAVE THE $$$.

I have only seen one..... I think. It was on eBay. Now whether it was real or not is a different story :P

I'm definitely waiting on this decision until I find the perfect bag :smile: I want my first Hermes bag to be a special purchase!