Vintage bags

Ooh I love vintage bags! I have mostly bags from the 60's and a couple from the 70's :smile: But I really love the tiny size and cute design of the sixties bags (early sixties). I have one crocodile skin bag (60's) that I absolutely love :biggrin:

Me too! They have a charm of their own and are made really well - to last until now.

I used to have a great collection of vintage Guccis (those monogram navy and brown ones) and vintage Vuittons (made in the USA ones under French Company) and a few Dior bags. I was forced to sell nearly my ENTIRE vintage bag collection due to a move and bills :crybaby: and TRULY regret not taking a photo of each for memory's sake :crybaby: I only hope they are being loved well by their new owners now.

I have a few bags from the 40's & 50's, they are so well made & thought out. Most come with mirrors, coin purses & special little touches. I am old enough that the "vintage Guccis & French Co. LV's were purchased by me, so I have a hard time relating to them as vintage...:s makes me feel ancient! :lol:

I love vintage almost more than modern day designer - I collect 1950's lucite box bags, I have the most gorgeous white vintage Chanel I picked up for sixty pounds and the BEST art deco style frame bag with bracelet handle. I just love 'em. Currently I have been drooling over the vintage Kellys that Liberty dept store has on display in London - sadly I can't afford to spend three months worth of mortgage payments on them - life is so unfair!!!!
I think carrying vintage marks you out as more of an individual than blindly carrying bags from the same designer again and again and again etc.....

Me too! They have a charm of their own and are made really well - to last until now.

I used to have a great collection of vintage Guccis (those monogram navy and brown ones) and vintage Vuittons (made in the USA ones under French Company) and a few Dior bags. I was forced to sell nearly my ENTIRE vintage bag collection due to a move and bills :crybaby: and TRULY regret not taking a photo of each for memory's sake :crybaby: I only hope they are being loved well by their new owners now.

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: so sorry to hear that..i can feel your PAIN!!! i'm sure their new owners are happy with them!! :yes:

I love vintage bags. I have one that was my grandmother's...it is a doctor satchel style, black and maroon velvet, in perfect condition...I've also bought a few on Ebay and at estate sales. Several years ago, there was a cute silver flap purse with a chain handle in a summer Nordstrom catalog that I liked, but it was something like $80 which at the time was too much for a cute little purse like that. A month or so later my friend and I went to an estate sale in the Seattle-Tacoma, WA area, and we were rummaging through a box in a back bedroom, and and lo and behold, I found a vintage silver purse that looked EXACTLY like the one in the Nordie's catalog for the whopping price of $1.00!!!! Needless to say I scooped it up, and it still hangs on my closet door reminding me of what a blessing/find that was!!!:yes: