VCA Van Cleef & Arpels addiction - support group

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think studs are sweet size and clips are regular size (like motif necklaces/bracelets) and super are bigger. i have only seen the studs in mop...did not know that they also come in solid yellow gold.

kim_mac said:
i think studs are sweet size and clips are regular size (like motif necklaces/bracelets) and super are bigger. i have only seen the studs in mop...did not know that they also come in solid yellow gold.

They come in onyx clover and mop butterfly in yg as well.

I.WANT.IT.ALL said:
I just checked the price on betteridge and the all gold clips are $4150. More than the bracelet. How can that be?

That is a question we have all pondered. Maybe the omega backs are more expensive or more labor intensive?

kim_mac said:

You are correct as far as sizes. They supers are esrclips as well.

Sjunky, the frivole is gorgeous. Hope u have a store nearby to try on the sizes so u could choose.

Question. Do you ladies have a separate jewelry box for your fine jewelry? I have 2 pottery barn McKenna med and the vertical armoire but they are filling up too quickly. Esp since I tend to space my jewelry out to avoid scratches. Thinking of taking out a few costume fashion pieces but it's a waste to throw them out or give them away.

I keep my fine jewelry in it's original boxes.

Hello,

I recently purchased my first VCA piece! (And this is my first TPF post!) I was a little surprised by how deep the coloring was of the turquoise. I feel that most of the turquoise Alhambra pieces I have seen on the website and in their advertisements are usually a lot more of a sky blue color.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 3,433
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    484.9 KB · Views: 3,570
modestine said:
Hello,

I recently purchased my first VCA piece! (And this is my first TPF post!) I was a little surprised by how deep the coloring was of the turquoise. I feel that most of the turquoise Alhambra pieces I have seen on the website and in their advertisements are usually a lot more of a sky blue color.

Thoughts?

Thanks![/QUOTE
VCA turquoise comes in a large range of colors. VCA turquoise is hard to match, for example, a fellow tpfer waited over a year to get a matching 5 motif turquiose bracelet to match her existing 10 motif necklace until she finally gave up. If you are unhappy exchange it NOW as the turquoise pieces are becoming rarer and scarer due to the fact that VCA is "resting" (discontinuing) turquoise for the time being until they can find another suitable mining source. That being said the differences in the shades of turquoise makes each piece more special because of its uniqueness, but you should *love* it and not have to talk yourself into loving it, especially not at this price point, kwim? I hope this helps, please tell us what you decide to do.

Hello,

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Welcome to TPF!!
Assuming the piece is authentic, I think the color is lovely.

Hello,

Thoughts?

Thanks!
This deep color of turquoise is beautiful!

Here it is :happydance::yahoo::woohoo:

Too big? Honestly I dont think I can part with it while getting sized.
i can actually slide mine off with JUST enough effort that i know it won't fall of and i actually prefer it that way. I can do the same with my black one but not the MOP one. What i like about being able to slide it off is that sometimes i find it difficult to attach the clasp and i find my nail slightly chipped in the process.
Enjoy - i LOVE mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.