VCA 16 motif necklace

Hass

May 6, 2015
Hi all,
I really like the VCA 16 motif necklace, but I only wear yellow gold. Would it clash with my other jewellery?
Also I don't tend to my jewellery much and expect them to be durable, is it the case with this necklace?
Because of the rose gold does it tarnish overtime and goes a bit green or become more pinkish redder?
Highly keen to hear what you feel about this piece. I tried it in store today and loved it.

Hi all,
I really like the VCA 16 motif necklace, but I only wear yellow gold. Would it clash with my other jewellery?
Also I don't tend to my jewellery much and expect them to be durable, is it the case with this necklace?
Because of the rose gold does it tarnish overtime and goes a bit green or become more pinkish redder?
Highly keen to hear what you feel about this piece. I tried it in store today and loved it.
the 16 motif is a stunning piece šŸ˜ I have it and absolutely love it. I also prefer yellow gold so I pondered for over a year whether I might regret it and decided to blindly order it one day lol. never looked back. its beautiful versatile.

one thing to note is, do you like to mix metals?

there is a youtuber (lailli mirza) that has the 16 motif and she styles it so pretty. (photos from her videos).
IMG_8337.jpegIMG_8338.jpeg

Reactions: hhw
the 16 motif is a stunning piece šŸ˜ I have it and absolutely love it. I also prefer yellow gold so I pondered for over a year whether I might regret it and decided to blindly order it one day lol. never looked back. its beautiful versatile.

one thing to note is, do you like to mix metals?

there is a youtuber (lailli mirza) that has the 16 motif and she styles it so pretty. (photos from her videos).
View attachment 5974280View attachment 5974281
Absolutely stunning. Im happy to hear your story. Its encouraging. Thank you.
I pleaded with vca to make me one in yellow gold bt i guess I'm not exclusive enough for that request. I generally donā€™t mix metal , but probably wouldnā€™t mind mixing metal for this piece.

Reactions: september1985
Because the motifs are small and the chain delicate, I don't think you'll have any issues mixing metals with this piece specifically. I have had the 16 motif for a few years now and find it really easy to mix with other pieces; it's also quite versatile in that you can wear it doubled or as a long, single piece.

In terms of any tarnish or other issues, none. This is a piece that I always 10/10 recommend to anyone that asks. Hope this helps. :heart:

Because the motifs are small and the chain delicate, I don't think you'll have any issues mixing metals with this piece specifically. I have had the 16 motif for a few years now and find it really easy to mix with other pieces; it's also quite versatile in that you can wear it doubled or as a long, single piece.

In terms of any tarnish or other issues, none. This is a piece that I always 10/10 recommend to anyone that asks. Hope this helps. :heart:
Completely sold on this post.Thank you for sharing about the piece. Im glad to hear no tarnish issues.

Reactions: jenayb
I have my 16 motif for almost 2 years now, no issue with tarnish or metal changing color. Sometimes it can get a bit dull because of body oil and sunscreen built up, I usually drop it in the ultrasonic cleaner and it'd look brand new again. You can even bring it in the boutique occasionally for free cleaning.
Thank you. Lucky to get hold on this piece . Where dis you get the ultrasonic cleaner? I got two on amazon and both short circuited when I plugged.

What are your thoughts on custom making a yellow gold version. I checked with SA again and there is a possibility. Wait time 6m- 1 yr.
Yes, you can SO in YG or WG. For me, with the tiny motif size, YG vs RG is not noticeable for the 16 motif (I have the RG 16), but if RG is a dealbreaker for you, then go ahead and order the YG. I will probably do the 16 motif in WG eventually, because it is such a nice layering piece. I think if I did YG, I would just do the pave YG 16, because then there would be no additional SO fee, and the price diffence between YG hammered 16 + SO fee and YG pave 16 with no SO fee somehow makes it feel like YG pave would be the better value and more different than the normal line offering of the RG hammered 16.

Yes, you can SO in YG or WG. For me, with the tiny motif size, YG vs RG is not noticeable for the 16 motif (I have the RG 16), but if RG is a dealbreaker for you, then go ahead and order the YG. I will probably do the 16 motif in WG eventually, because it is such a nice layering piece. I think if I did YG, I would just do the pave YG 16, because then there would be no additional SO fee, and the price diffence between YG hammered 16 + SO fee and YG pave 16 with no SO fee somehow makes it feel like YG pave would be the better value and more different than the normal line offering of the RG hammered 16.
hello. curious if the SO option is new and if its only offered to vip clients. I asked about this piece made in yellow hammered gold and was told simply no -only rg or wg pave. although this was over 2 years ago

hello. curious if the SO option is new and if its only offered to vip clients. I asked about this piece made in yellow hammered gold and was told simply no -only rg or wg pave. although this was over 2 years ago
I first had the idea about a year ago, so it has defenitely been available for SO for at least that long, but I canā€™t speak to 2 years ago personally. It is only subject to the same prespending as any SO (not a very difficult SO, like a rare stone request, but more difficult than MTO).

I have dissapointing news. SA said she was confused abt the piece and was talking about the YG bracelet. She says the 16 motif cannot be custom made for me. Bt i still love the RG one and may soon put a deposit down.

I have dissapointing news. SA said she was confused abt the piece and was talking about the YG bracelet. She says the 16 motif cannot be custom made for me. Bt i still love the RG one and may soon put a deposit down.
Iā€™m sorry to hear that. It can be special ordered in YG or WG, but given the choice, I went for the regular item in RG. For me, the SO markup makes more sense for WG, since the RG is not too different from YG in the sweet size IMO, and WG 16 motif SO looks a lot like the pave WG 16 motif for a fraction of the price.

Reactions: hhw