Van Cleef & Arperls Alhambra Necklaces

ShoeLover

O.G.
Nov 2, 2006
Does anyone know the prices on these necklaces???
Bizantine
attachment.php

Vintage
attachment.php

Which one do you like better? The gold goes with everything but the white mother or pearl is sooo cute and femenine.

I've never bought anything van cleef, so any info/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Bizantine.JPG
    Bizantine.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 9,723
  • Vintage.JPG
    Vintage.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 11,042
The single pendant MOP is $1,350. Sorry, I don't know how much the Byzantine pendant is. I was in the store in Chevy Chase recently and only asked about the MOP.

IRL it is even prettier!!!

Bagsaremylife!, the higher price is probably due to the fact that this particular pendant is a limited edition. They made only about 1,900 limited edition pendants. (I think. I can't remember exactly.) These are specifically numbered and the very teeny number is imprinted somewhere on the gold. This makes it more of a collector's item.

Do you know how this "limited edition" is different? I think maybe the pendant is bigger--the lister says it is approx 1 inch. The regular pendants of this style--like the one pictured above in this thread--is smaller, right?

Doe anyone have a listing of of the styles or types of these necklaces and prices? I am just learning about this line and loved what I have seen so far.

I am so scared when I call V&A boutiques to find info.

Thanks in advance!

Do you know how this "limited edition" is different? I think maybe the pendant is bigger--the lister says it is approx 1 inch. The regular pendants of this style--like the one pictured above in this thread--is smaller, right?
Yes, I do think it is larger. I actually saw a limited edition one in the store when I was there...I even tried it on! Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure it was bigger, but I can't say absolutely definitely.

Have you seen it IRL anywhere? it really is special!

My vote is for the vintage alhambra pendant. I have the vintage alhambra necklace in yellow gold and mother of pearl with 10 motifs and I LOVE it. It is so classic and eye catching and it goes with everything!

Don't be afraid of calling up the store to ask. I call up the store in NY and ask about prices all the time. They are always very nice.

Hi I have the ring and pendant in black onyx and I wear them every day. My husband just bought me the byzantine earrings but they were the last pair in the store as they are limited edition. If you want to invest it really is worth it they can be worn with anything. I found the mother of pearl one a bit draining on my olive skin but it looks good on blondes. Onyx better for brunettes...