Van Cleef & Arpels: Current Worldwide Prices

Hi,

Just in case anyone wanted to know the current prices of VCA in the UK, I called the store -

Single Motif MOP Necklace £975

10 Motif MOP Necklace £2950

20 Motif MOP Necklace £5850

5 Motif MOP Bracelet £1500

There is a price increase on the 1st April 2009

Hi,
Thanks for the up dates on the price list on VCA.I have tried so many times to phone for a price quote with no repley in the bond st or harrods store in london.These prices a little cheeper than what I was expecting to pay for the alhambra line.
Im still in the process of saving my pennies for the black 18ct gold vintage onxy 20 motif clover:tup:

Then again does anyone know if I would be cheeper to buy VCA jewellery in Singapoure?
Would the tax be added on when I get home to the UK?
Or do they add the tax on in the shop when they take your passport for ID for:wondering the travelers cheques?
Would I make much of a saving???

Last edited:
I just called Harrods and they put me through to VCA today. She was really helpful. I unsure of what to get, I am thinking the 20 motif might be better than the 10 motif because I am not sure I want a chocker style - its around 16 inches.

I dont know the price in Singapore, hopefully someone will be able to help.

I also thought the 10 motif is actually not bad value at all.

Classicsgirl, the prices include VAT, so you would defo get the 15% back. It is now 15% until the end of the year, reduced from 17.5% VAT.

Vancleef fan, I really do not understand the pricing, can someone price this stuff, I maybe forced to literally ask the SA to give me the price of every necklace with motifs in the various stone options etc, which will be time consuming for her, on the otherhand she may have it on a price list.

Does anyone have the current pricing?

Classicsgirl, the prices include VAT, so you would defo get the 15% back. It is now 15% until the end of the year, reduced from 17.5% VAT.

Vancleef fan, I really do not understand the pricing, can someone price this stuff, I maybe forced to literally ask the SA to give me the price of every necklace with motifs in the various stone options etc, which will be time consuming for her, on the otherhand she may have it on a price list.

Does anyone have the current pricing?

As far as I know, the magic alhambra long necklace is the most expensive among all the alhmabra necklaces because of the big sizes of mop

Sammyjoe, just to give you an idea how the prices vary...

This vintage alhambra bracelet was $ 2100 May 2008
diamondring.com/journal/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/alhambra_vintage_bracelet_yellow_gold_white_mother_of_pearl.thumbnail.jpg

And this lucky alhambra bracelet was $ 3700 May 2008
diamondring.com/journal/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/magic_alhambra_bracelet_yellow_gold_white_mother_of_pearl.thumbnail.jpg

There is $1600 difference in price...it's the size of mother of pearl that plays a role in the prices

After thinking and thinking about it I have definitely decided to get the onyx 20 motif!! :yahoo:

I spoke to a couple of the UK stores today, here is the outcome:
First I rang Harrods VCA and mentioned the possibility of a price increase on April 1, he said he thought there would be an increase. Harrods offers a layby if you put down 50% of the price and this will lock in the price before the increase. Buyers outside the UK don't have to pay VAT so the NETT price is GBP5086 (only 7000USD!!!)
However, there are various import taxes that get added on so it works out about the same price.
Harrods covers all the shipping costs!!!

Next I called the Bond St store, they don't offer layby but they said the current price of 5850 (inc VAT) had been increased already in February. Therefore she said it would be very unlikely that the price wuld increase between now and June/July.

So now I'm very confused. Will prices rise before July in the UK or is this only for the US? If so I'm amazed at the discrepancy in prices -- $7000 in the UK vs. $10000 in the US!

If any UK buyers could double check I would really appreciate it. I would prefer to wait until I have the cash in June rather than layby, but not at the expense of a price increase!

I just called Bond street, the SA said the prices are - based on MOP and Yellow Gold

Magic -
11 motifs £7050
16 motifs £9,200
6 motifs £3800

Vintage
20 long £5850

He also said that the price increase takes place in April.
The cost for White Gold is slightly more than for Yellow Gold