Valentino Clubhouse & Chat Thread

Hi ladies, I'm seriously considering one of these two studded purses from valentino this season. I'd appreciate it very much for your inputs!

First is this shoulder bag. Pictures don't do it justice! I tried it on in Nordie and it was the perfect size for me. Surprisingly it is very feminine and the studs aren't anything loud. I almost decided to get it..
5416804304_10bd91467e_o.jpg

until I saw this clutch/flap online.. I feel it will go with every outfit I've got..
5416192913_ccafdc864e_o.jpg

another color from runway
Valentino-12-183x200.jpg

BTW i'm extra petite at 5'1. Currently don't own many designer bags so either one will be a precious addition to my humble collection.

Could you ladies help me make a decision? TIA!

I think the first one is a bit more versatile. The clutch seems like it couldn't be used for work, going out, etc like the shoulder bag could. Either way, both are beautiful choices! Please let us know what you decide!

I say go for it! Both are beautiful bags. If there was something bigger from that collection, I'd buy it in a sec. I think the sand color would be more versatile.

I definitely prefer the shoulder bag. I find clutches to be very inconvenient, & I tend to put them down & forget where I laid them. I only buy them in an evening bag.

Hi ladies, I'm seriously considering one of these two studded purses from valentino this season. I'd appreciate it very much for your inputs!

First is this shoulder bag. Pictures don't do it justice! I tried it on in Nordie and it was the perfect size for me. Surprisingly it is very feminine and the studs aren't anything loud. I almost decided to get it..
until I saw this clutch/flap online.. I feel it will go with every outfit I've got..

another color from runway

BTW i'm extra petite at 5'1. Currently don't own many designer bags so either one will be a precious addition to my humble collection.

Could you ladies help me make a decision? TIA!

Large Black Coated Canvas Nuage hands down. I've abused that bag and it still looks brand new. It goes with many outfits and takes everything from just-good to hyper-chic.

Top second would be my Black Histoire.

My favorite is my Glamorous tote. I just love that bag!!! My second favorite would be... my Alice glam satchel. I've only carried it once, but it was always my HG Valentino!!

Ladies, has someone ever said to you anything weird after seeing one of your Valentinos?

It happened to me once here at TPF, in my thread at the "your bag showcase" subforum. Someone left a message saying that my valentinos were beautiful but some of them were going to fall apart, and that the rest of them were "fine".

I felt that post was a bit rude, I mean, I would never go into someone's bag showcase and tell them "Your (insert brand here) bags are beautiful but this bag and that bag are going to fall apart..." almost saying those bags were bad buys.

I tryed to reply in the most polite way. Maybe it's not a big deal... I don't know if I'm overreacting. I love my bags and I don't really care what others have to say about them but I think that comment was a bit rude. I wouldn't do it to anyone.

I've gotten a few rude/odd/inappropriate comments...not about valentinos specifically. why do you think I don't have collection threads? I just can't deal with trolls or rude people or whatever. I had quite a few people asking me weird questions about my lace valentino the last time I posted it in the what bag are you wearing today thread.

That IS rude MGA! It reminds me of when I did a reveal for one of my Valentinos that was a GREAT deal on eBay ($450 brand new with one small defect for a $2600 retail bag!) someone said at that price they would think it's a counterfeit. That absolutely pissed me off. Some people just have "internet courage". Meaning they feel they can say all kinds of things on the internet that they would never DREAM of saying in real life.
Don't worry about it MGA... all of your Valentinos are beautiful! :biggrin:

I love love love my bronze petal tote!!!! so soft and light weight and so pretty!!!

and yes...there are definitely some rude and classless members lurking but 99% of our members are sweet and supportive!!!