Valentina?

I am a big fan of not so famous italian bags. I am too cheap to pay just for the label. I want quality. My Fabrizio Poker bag has seen all kinds of abuse and dramatic climate conditions but it has never had any problems. The simple glovetanned leather which I thought would be delicate and scratched easily is still in awesome condition. They used to sell Poker bags in Florence bag stores for a very very reasonable prices. I got mine for 80 dollars... Love it!

Reactions: Shelby33
I hate to burst any bubbles here but I'm pretty sure Valentina is a store brand for Marshall's/TJMax. I think they are taking advantage of the fact that peoples' memory is not always very exact - Valentino - is a very well-known expensive brand that has been around for decades. I doubt you will ever find a Valentino on sale at Marshall's. Careful internet research reveals that no other stores sell the Valentina brand and the company website inpell.it is definitely not up to par for a serious brand.

Having said that, I just bought a Valentina purse at Marshall's yesterday for $99 and I love it. It's exactly what I was looking for in a casual bag - dark chocolate brown pebbled leather with SILVER metal. The leather trim is a somewhat lighter color leather and it's thicker and smooth. The bag is a little on the large size but it's light weight and easy to carry. The strap can lengthen to wear it across your body which I love for longer outings. The leather is soft and it has a rich, elegant feel so they are definitely doing alot right even if they are not actually a well-known designer brand.
Actually, Valentina is an upscale brand carried at Nieman's and Bloomingdale's. She was a Russian fashion designer who died in 1989. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentina_(fashion_designer)