Vachee Liagee Kelly... Part 2...

Yesterday, I went to lunch with my mom and her friend (who is more H-crazed than her and have tons of H bags)... And then she told us that the H-store in DFS Galleria has much nicer SAs who are more willing to show as kelly and birkin bags even though it was reserved for others (compared to the other 2 H-store in Singapore)... For those who knows the stores here, the one in Takashimaya has the rude-est SA among the other stores... and the one in Liat tower is not much better...

Hi wellow,
I didn't have much time yesterday to comment on your post, so I am back here now.

You are definitely not wrong to have the first impression & generalise that the SAs at Takashimaya (Ngee Ann City) are the rudest lot in Singapore. That was how I felt 2 years ago, and it threw me off Hermes completely. I was 'reintroduced' to Hermes in the middle of this year when I got acquainted with the store manager at Liat Towers, and then all the unplesantries that happened at Ngee Ann City did not matter anymore. I stuck with Liat Towers thereafter.

DFS Galleria Hermes caters to tourists and vistors whereas the other 2 boutiques cater to locals or permanent residents. (Well, that's supposed to be the way. I know in recent times, this line is blurring ...) So they are really the most accomodating. I can call up the store and ask what Kellys they have, and they would have no qualms to reveal over the phone. This is not the case with the other 2 stores, because they really reserve their bags for regulars.

Some of these SAs do have a bad attitude and they have the bad habit of sizing up walk-ins too quickly and making their conclusions too fast. You go in with your bling blings, then it'll be all different. Try to go there in your gym gear (which was what I did 2 years ago), then you would be invisible to them.

I have become a regular at Liat Towers and the customer service cannot be better. I think once the ice is broken and you establish a relationship with the store, all else would be well. This is still no excuse for the bad FIRST experience but I also give no solution since I was also a 'victim'.

so you bought it??? Hope your mom loves the bag, otherwise maybe you'll get it, wellow. BTW, do the H stores in Singapore or other Asian countries have the same return and exchange policies as around the world???

I'm not sure... I don't think Singapore have the same return and exchange policies as around the world. That's just my opinion.

Hi wellow,
I didn't have much time yesterday to comment on your post, so I am back here now.

You are definitely not wrong to have the first impression & generalise that the SAs at Takashimaya (Ngee Ann City) are the rudest lot in Singapore. That was how I felt 2 years ago, and it threw me off Hermes completely. I was 'reintroduced' to Hermes in the middle of this year when I got acquainted with the store manager at Liat Towers, and then all the unplesantries that happened at Ngee Ann City did not matter anymore. I stuck with Liat Towers thereafter.

DFS Galleria Hermes caters to tourists and vistors whereas the other 2 boutiques cater to locals or permanent residents. (Well, that's supposed to be the way. I know in recent times, this line is blurring ...) So they are really the most accomodating. I can call up the store and ask what Kellys they have, and they would have no qualms to reveal over the phone. This is not the case with the other 2 stores, because they really reserve their bags for regulars.

Some of these SAs do have a bad attitude and they have the bad habit of sizing up walk-ins too quickly and making their conclusions too fast. You go in with your bling blings, then it'll be all different. Try to go there in your gym gear (which was what I did 2 years ago), then you would be invisible to them.

I have become a regular at Liat Towers and the customer service cannot be better. I think once the ice is broken and you establish a relationship with the store, all else would be well. This is still no excuse for the bad FIRST experience but I also give no solution since I was also a 'victim'.

I hate dressing up for SAs too... I think they should treat everyone the same respect who walks into their store. But we know that that's not the case... :sad: Before, I used to be apprehensive before I walk into a H-store, but now I just don't care whether it's in Atl or Singapore...

Btw, mrssparkles, did you managed to see the pictures??

Thank you everyone for the kind comments....

Yes, I got to share mom's birkins and kellys... That's when I back home in Indo or Sing... I don't think I can take care bags as good as her. That's why I am rather reluctant to bring it to US with me...

Oohh.. btw, the color is brique... not brick.. I just assume it's brick (since it's pronounce the same way).

Aspenmartial, nice birkin.... I yearn for a birkin to call mine someday (but I decide to hold it until when I get my first paycheck)... or if my parents find one in time for my graduation ;) I think it might be due to the lighting and the flash too to account for the difference in the color of both our bags...