Uplifting Animal Stories ONLY!

Here's a quick story about my kitty, who I refer to as "Snugs" (short for Snuggles):

My kitty is convinced that whenever I speak while in our apartment, I am speaking to her. Everything that comes out of my mouth is "Come here cute kitty!" and she responds accordingly. So you might guess how infinitely frustrated she is by the phone! I keep talking and talking and she's absolutely convinced I'm talking to her. At first she runs up and tries to play with me, and then when I fail to pay attention to her she starts making this growling noise, like she's talking back! She's saying "Hey, stupid, down here, cute kitty!" and I am just not getting the point. Sometimes her growling gets loud enough that it actually disrupts my call, but it's always hilarious. I feel like I'm constantly having two conversations...one with the person on the line and the other with my frustrated kitty!

This is a great thread!

We have a Black Lab cross who came to us as a foster dog. He was about ten months old, and had a dent in his forehead, and tufts of fur coming out. He had been living on a reserve, and had apparently been homeless his entire life.

It took some patience--he wasn't used to living in a house--but this dog became such a sweetheart! He cleans the eyes of our cockapoo, and lets her sleep on top of him! Of course, we decided to adopt him ourselves, and we named him Ishi.

When we brought in two small foster pups, Ishi became "Mr. Mom," watching over the puppies, gently playing with them, and letting them follow him around and cuddle. It brings tears to my eyes when I see them together! :heart:

Cat said:
I find these images and injurys just as disturbing as the kittys in frying pan story.It's obvious that many of the injurys this hospital treats were caused by humans.
The landmines didn't lay themselves and the gunshot wounds were no accident,a human pulled the trigger.
Color it anyway you like but these elephants were victims of mans cruelty plain & simple.

I do however applaude the efforts of any group that offers shelter and medical attention to animals of any species.

As far as Pamela Andersons posing I couldn't care less,I'm not impressed by celebrity status in general.
I don't quite get your point but feel you missed my point entirely. my point was that there are organizations doing very difficult, real work out there to help animals who are suffering. since they are not high profile, they need all the attention and funding they can get. that is why I posted the link - for you to read what these guys do and how you can help.

There was an article about this in Cosmo a couple months ago. Mariska Hargitay (Detective Benson from Law & Order SVU) started a charity to help women who have been raped. It's called The Joyful Heart Foundation.

The Joyful Heart Foundationhttp://www.dolphin-spirit.com/

It introduces dolphin therapy to help victims of sexual assault.

This is quoted from their flash video:
"For survivors of sexual assault, it's an assault on the mind, body and soul. The effects of sexual assault can be felt long after the body heals. In the wake of an assault, layers need to be peeled back to see that your core self is still there. The Joyful Heart Foundation works to provide healing and recovery for victims of sexual assault through dolphan-human interaction in the wild. The healing and recovery process is mental physical emotional, spiritual, social, environmental in a single experience."