Updated modern classic collection (scroll down) Hermes Chanel Celine Delvaux

Itinerantd

May 6, 2018
Celine Nano luggage - only one of my longtime wishlist still available new now that I can finally afford, sad
LV Grenelle PM - kind of regret this purchase
Staud Mini Shirley - my workhorse, highly recommended
Tory Burch perry tote - highly recommended large work bag, also successful interview bag!

Relatively minimalist with a very limited contemporary collection, one small and one large, just getting into designer bags and it may not be minimalist pretty soon :biggrin:.

16B18CA2-C8D2-4BB7-8208-D0050400E46A.jpeg

That Staud bag is so pretty! I've been thinking about getting it. Is that color Tan? I've been hesitating between Tan and Cognac and the mini or the regular size.

Do you ever hold the bag with the handle? It is comfortable? 99% my bags are worn crossbody or on the crook of the arm and I feel like the shape would make it uncomfortable on the crook of the arm.

Tha
That Staud bag is so pretty! I've been thinking about getting it. Is that color Tan? I've been hesitating between Tan and Cognac and the mini or the regular size.

Do you ever hold the bag with the handle? It is comfortable? 99% my bags are worn crossbody or on the crook of the arm and I feel like the shape would make it uncomfortable on the crook of the arm.
Thanks :biggrin: yes I believe it is the tan color. I rented the large Shirley from Rent the Runway and it was in black. I found the black leather to mark very easily getting whitish grayish markings all over everyday for some reason, don’t remember if it was wipeable but a hassle. The tan does not mark. I rented the faux croc mini Shirley and it was cheap looking so I don’t recommend that. I found the regular Shirley size too big but didn’t work as a tote either, like an awkward length between a giant shoulder bag and a crossbody messenger if you know what I mean. I don’t hold bags in crook of arm but I just checked and it can be done. I think the thinness of the handles would dig into the arm though probably.

Reactions: lovebramila
Updated collection: still have everything previously posted except I sold the LV Grenelle pm.

Added these, lol still getting over the white bag cautiousness.
Chanel classic flap medium black caviar GHW
Chanel classic flap medium white caviar LGHW
Delvaux tempete MM black box white trim, black hardware Illusion special edition
Hermes birkin 30 Bleu pale clemence palladium hardware
Hermes mini roulis noir evergrain permabrass hardware
83D92AD4-397E-4469-A910-657D4D06A161.jpeg

Time for the yearly update- excited to share these new additions.

Still have everything else from before except I sold:
Chanel white CF- realized I prefer SHW with stark white bags like that and acquired the craie birkin which fulfills the summery white bag role.

Debating selling the Celine nano- the leather is becoming worn-looking but it is sentimental as my first high end designer bag and it is relatively very practical.

Hermes birkin 25 craie togo PHW
Hermes birkin 25 noir togo GHW
Celine mini clasp bag medium blue aged SHW (preloved)
Chanel WOC 2.55/reissue quilted aged calfskin so black
Valextra mini iside Smokey blue LGHW- not sure if I’ll keep this Valextra bag because my stuff falls all over each other inside/does not stay organized even with an insert, but it is durable and waterproof.

Any thoughts and advice, suggestions for future directions with the collection are welcome!

4583C420-3E57-480E-8CFB-AA4FCCBFF77B.jpeg

Last edited:
Updated collection: still have everything previously posted except I sold the LV Grenelle pm.

Added these, lol still getting over the white bag cautiousness.
Chanel classic flap medium black caviar GHW
Chanel classic flap medium white caviar LGHW
Delvaux tempete MM black box white trim, black hardware Illusion special edition
Hermes birkin 30 Bleu pale clemence palladium hardware
Hermes mini roulis noir evergrain permabrass hardware
View attachment 5638806
How is the white trim on the delvaux holding up? I’ve always wanted that edition! It’s gorgeous

• Thanks
Reactions: Itinerantd
Did you buy yours second hand or from the boutique? I’m hunting for it!
I got mine from a boutique. The interesting thing about Delvaux is they often keep really old stock around like this one from an 2016 collection and will still sell it today- I purchased mine in 2022 from the store. Potentially an SA can source it from around the world if one is still available although mine was just sitting on the shelf. The Delvaux thread may have people there who know more about the sourcing process. One can also find preloved ones for about half the boutique price haha. I think I saw one on eBay recently.

Reactions: Bagatha Christie