Uhhhh is it me...

Lol yeah I guess you could just get something to cut the wire, but its still weird.../ The store is still supposed to take those things off when you buy them.. I wonder if it was stolen, and the seller gave me a really weird evasive answer that had nothing to do with the question I asked.

Weird... The seller should've responded with, "you know im not sure but if you would like i can take... it back to the store to get the security tag removed and take new photos for you."

My thoughts exactly...unless the item they have a receipt for isn't the one that they're selling...hmm sounds fishy to me! Plus, what if you don't have that store in your area? That seller does not make any sense

i'm sure she knew someone would ask about it as soon as she listed it.

and if she bought it, & got it home & saw that it was still attached, why didn't she bring it back immediately to have it removed? that's just common sense.

This was the seller's last response:

its off no problems, just cut it off with wire cutters on the wire not the ink part. Its funny i didnt even realize that it had it on it till you told me, my girlfriend said she new that. I was like well why didnt you get them to take it off.

-shrug- who knows, it seems kinda weird that they didn't even notice it was on in the picture that they posted on ebay. Oh well whatever I'm done with it, I hope if anyone buys it they don't get scammed or anything by a shady seller.

you know, something similar happened to me, except w/ Nordstrom. i bought this gorgeous Kooba bag but the SA forgot to take off the sensor. i walked out the door and nothing rang. it wasnt until i was ready to use the bag did i realize the sensor was still hanging on! so i tried a pair of wire cutters and MAN those wires are strong. i couldnt get it off if my life depended on it. i finally had to return to nordstrom to get them to take it off. so if someone from TPF gets this bag, i suggest you get some really heavy duty wire cutters cuz the regular ones wont cut it =/

Yeah, I would not touch this with a 10 foot pole. Not only is this a new seller but the description looks like it was written by a teenager...the lower case letters, lack of puncuation and just saying "I can prove it" sounds a bit juvenile.:shrugs:idk, maybe like you, I am a bit suspicious just by the ink security tag.

This was the seller's last response:

its off no problems, just cut it off with wire cutters on the wire not the ink part. Its funny i didnt even realize that it had it on it till you told me, my girlfriend said she new that. I was like well why didnt you get them to take it off.

-shrug- who knows, it seems kinda weird that they didn't even notice it was on in the picture that they posted on ebay. Oh well whatever I'm done with it, I hope if anyone buys it they don't get scammed or anything by a shady seller.

See, just really young and carefree response- would anyone of us risk the ink tag exploding all over our precious toki bags....:wtf: