Uh oh.... I think I ruined my Speedy handles!

Thanks everybody... I had tried the baby wipes first -- alcohol free and they did a nice job, but I wanted just a little bit more. :rolleyes: The stuff I am using is called Zaino Z10 leather conditioner. I thought my hubby told me it was like $25 for a little bottle, but when I looked it up online last night to buy more, it's about half that for an 8oz bottle. He uses it for the leather inside of his cars.

One of the handles looks great -- the other one I must've just used the sponge on a little harder or something because it's the drier one. I guess I'll just hope for the best over the next few months and if it doesn't look any better then I'll get the handles replaced. The purse is only 2 years old but has a great patina on it! And that's what I wanted... should've just left the handles alone! :sad:

I've used the Zaino stuff on two used bags that I bought -- each had some pretty good water marks on the leather -- practically took the spots off and evened out the leather! It DOES darken the leather ever ever so slightly but no biggie to me. I wouldn't use it on new leather though.

Is this Saddle Soap?

saddlesoap.jpg

I had same problem with baby wipes, my handles are little dry..where can I find Saddle Soap? ebay?

I did the smae thing to one of my Coach bags vachetta with the Magic Eraser. Someone had splashed wine on my bag and the eraser got it out but it made it dry (I think cause I had to rub so hard to get the wine off. I just used leather conditioner repeatedly ( a little bit at a time) and it is getting better. I think as you use it more and more the oils from your hands and the conditioner should get it back into shape. :flowers:

I did the same thing to my speedy handles--they were really dry.

I fixed it by heavily coditioning them, and then wrapping them with the cloth that I used to apply the conditioner and left it for a few days. This seemed to keep them moist so that it could really soak in.

It took 3 or 4 rounds of that treatment, but now they look and feel great!

Thanks again! I am going to keep applying the leather conditioner every few days and I've started holding my handle while watching TV. :P Maybe that'll help...

Hubby did manage to come up with some cool special saddle soap that seems to be doing a nice job. It's made for his leather seat on the Harley and supposed to keep the leather supple and protected from the sun. I applied that, let it sit for awhile and then buffed like the directions said -- the 'good' handle looks fantastic now that it's dried! So am going to keep trying with the other one...

I should've just bought the Damier Speedy but oh well. :shrugs: I love the monogram!