Uh-oh ...I might be in trouble .

Lvbabydoll said:
I don't think there's anything wrong with letting bidders know an item they're bidding on is fake. Especially if it's going for THAT much! You're only HELPING, it's not like you're contacting them to sell them something.

Here is the problem with that - sometimes people interfere with legitimate auctions. Sometimes competitors, or worse people who know just enough to be dangerous contact your bidders and give misinformation. Like the crazy lady I had who emailed me and said she would report my auction because Chanel Reporters are not made in France.

ETA: SophiaLee, you did a good thing.:flowers:

I'm glad it worked out for Sophia of course and someone was spared! :yes:
But I still feel the responsibilty to tell people when they think:

Lvbabydoll said:
I don't think there's anything wrong with letting bidders know an item they're bidding on is fake. Especially if it's going for THAT much! You're only HELPING, it's not like you're contacting them to sell them something. I don't know..some of their "rules" don't make sense..it's like they'd rather have counterfeits being sold so they won't lose their precious profits. Oh well.
I've actually contacted a couple bidders before when they're bidding WAY over retail for something you can still get in stores. One example was that Urban Outfitters had this one shirt and it was only $28..well the bidding kept going up and up and it was close to $60! So I referred the bidders to the site just so they knew it was still available and that it's really not worth the amount they're willing to pay. I'd hate to spend that much money then find out the item was barely worth half of that.
Anyway, I'm glad everything worked out!

This WILL get you booted from eBay if the person you contact complains to eBay.
Please know there are usually consequences to doing it.
I'm SO happy Sophia didn't get complained about but some people don't know there's eBay rules against contacting buyer of other people's auctions.

I didn't know for sure if there was a rule , I figured something maybe . I don't see why when you post a question to the seller it isn't automatically displayed . I think it should be . They do it on other sites . This would help alot , I think . If the seller doesn't have a legit answer ... it's the bidders fault .

^the Seller chooses which questions/answers from other eBayers are displayed on their auctions when someone uses ASQ.
I usually choose to show the questions just so people don't ask the same thing over and over again.

^ Yes , but if the question just automatically showed up under the listing w/ a date time of question , and then the sellers response showed up .... Well , how it is now , just all of them were displayed .

someone is bound to comment on the authenticity of a fake item , with reasons . I don't know . Ebay doesn't seem to care about thr buyers very much . At least 20 people had to report that purse !