Two pet dogs Murdered

Argh* I would absolutely kill someone. I get annoyed when people pick Maya up the wrong way and she lets out a squeal of pain, even though I know it was completely unintentional. I get all ragey just thinking about something like this.

This is a nightmare. Years ago I saw on TV someone was soaking dog food in antifreeze and tossing it into peoples' backyards, poisoning their dogs who would eat it. I can't understand how people would do such a thing. It makes me weep for the world we live in, that innocent creatures could be treated in such a way.
Here in Chicago, a year or two back, a man tried to shoot the dog of a woman he was attempting to mug (she was resisting). Luckily, the gun didn't go off (he tried twice!). I honestly think I might throw myself in front of the bullet in such a situation.
Oh, I agree with Lisa. If those were my dogs there would be no running back inside, they would come down even if it took all the nails and teeth on my body.

MandM said:
Sorry to bring everyone down, but I was just so outraged.

The dogs were actually mixed lab and pitbulls. They showed pics and they were blond and very happy looking. The owner suspects that someone killed them b/c of prejudice against the pitbull breed.

How sad that we even have bigotry and prejudice against our DOGS now, as if there wasn't enough of that among human beings.

I KNEW IT! :rant: :rant: :censor: :censor:
People are such A:censor: F:censor: H:censor:
Sorry but this is a subject near and dear to my heart.

:mad:

When we got our first puppy he was sooo cute that people would approach us as we were walking him and tell us how adorable he was. Literally we were sitting outside of Starbucks with him (he was 6 wks old) and these two older women (60s) started to tell us what a doll he was and they loved his colors etc. After talking with us for some minutes they finally asked us what breed he is. Once we said he was an American Pit Bull Terrier a look of utter disgust came across both their faces and they turned away from us. I wanted to slap them in their face. What did this wonderful little pup do to you B's?

Pit Bulls used to be american icons.....foreign royalty used to use them to baby sit their children....they fought in wars...the first dog to get a purple heart was a Pit Bull....there is HISTORY with this breed that is simply not accounted for just because some shady people decided to use them inappropriately.

LisaG719 said:
I KNEW IT! :rant: :rant: :censor: :censor:
People are such A:censor: F:censor: H:censor:
Sorry but this is a subject near and dear to my heart.

:mad:

I had a feeling you'd have that reaction, when I saw it was PB mixes. Malcolm Gladwell had a great article in the New Yorker about how the breed isn't the problem, people who abuse their dogs and train them to be hyper-aggressive are the problem:
http://www.gladwell.com/2006/2006_02_06_a_pitbull.html

People seem to think pits are inherently violent, when any dog can be trained to kill.

Exactly, the breed is wonderful -- it's the insane people who train them to be violent that must be stopped. We see a lot of pit bulls at our animal shelter and, just like people, their personalities totally vary.

Poor Lisa, I can see how this story would be even sadder for you -- your puppies are so adorable!

Not all of our shelters will keep them, which means that a lot of the shelters that do have almost nothing but pit bulls (bad news if you want a different breed!), and a lot of them are being euthanized unnecessarily because no one will take them. If the f:censor:ing gang members who breed them for fighting were stopped, there'd be fewer rescue cases sent to the shelters. Not to mention there'd be fewer dogs being abused by the f:censor:ing dog fighters! :rant:
The guys in my neighborhood, the ones with fighting dogs, I can tell the difference because they're covered in scars and missing patches of fur, they get some dirty looks from me when I see them with their dogs on the street. I would start yelling at them if I wasn't too concerned for my own safety. And I can't report them because I don't know exactly where they live, just that it's near where I live. :hysteric: Very frustrating!
That said, there are a lot of people in the neighborhood with pit bull mixes, german shepherd mixes and boxer mixes who love their dogs and take very good care of them, you can see just by how the dogs react to strangers on the street. In fact, a couple boxers in the neighborhood made me totally fall in love with the breed.

That's horrific. And if it was cos they were PB mixes, then that's even worse. I'm a huge advocate for the so-called agressive breeds - German Shepherds are my particular passion, but APB's are next on the list - and for people to still have this kind of prejudice.....it just makes me very sad.

"the breed isn't the problem, people who abuse their dogs and train them to be hyper-aggressive are the problem.".

I feel terrible for the poor man too - we're pup-sitting at the moment, and he's a holy terror driving me to the very limits of my patience......but I couldn't hurt him. I can barely tell him off. There are some very sick people out there.

It's horrible to do this to animals -.- I can't believe there are people out there that can do that.

Angelica, are you talking about the baseline killer? my friends are terrified to go out because this maniac is running around shooting everything.