Tumbleweed, oh tumbleweed...

Yeah, regretfully, mine is going back to Nordies :crybaby: I tried it again this time with the messenger strap off and it's still too heavy for me. I'm so bummed because I really, really, really like the look of this bag! I agree, the straps were pretty comfy but over the long wrong I know I wouldn't grab it as much as I should. . . I figure let someone else love her!

I think the difference between Tumbleweed and Nikki is the distribution in weight. Nikki is wider and the contents kind of spread out along the bottom of the bag, whereas the Tumbleweed's weight is kind of concentrated in the middle of the bag like where the zipper compartments are (if that makes any sense).

Blue Velvet indeed is amazing blue! My Nordies had that one too! Congratulations! She looks fabulous on you!

That's a good decision for you then! I've bought bags despite their weight before becuase I thought they were so pretty but in the long run I'd stop carrying them.

Linda

anyone treat your tumbleweed with anything yet? i'm wondering if i should spray it with Wilson spray or just leave it be?

btw, is nordy's price the cheapest on the tumbleweed??

^^Great questions!! I've been wondering the same things. I generally use Apple conditioner on my leather bags and didn't know if that would work (or if I needed to do that) on a tumbleweed (don't have one yet though...sigh)?

Nordies is the cheapest I've been able to find on the tumbleweed so far.

I'm not going to treat mine, but I doubt apple would hurt it since it has a pretty good polish/gloss on there. Mine got rained on a bit today and you can't tell. If it were a lighter color I might consider it.

Linda

hmmm.... it depends on the return policy. I'm all about buying all the possibilities, looking at them closely in your own home, and then returning the ones that don't work.

And I've learned from experience that you should just get the one you REALLY want, not the one that's cheaper. What ends up happening with me is that I buy the one that is cheaper because I think it's a better deal, am not fully satisfied because I'm still longing for the other color, and then go back and get the favorite one anyways. Wasted money and time!!

Brown sugar will look lovely in spring, too!

thanks riry, i think i will think about it some more. :biggrin:

btw, I've been xbodying the blue velvet a lot, and where my pants have been rubbing on the leather, the back side top corner has been wearing out. :/ will post a photo in a bit.

Here's the photo:
5239841313_16ed3bed0c.jpg

As you can see, the left side is a bit glossy still but the right side which is where it rubs my clothes the most is looking matte. Any idea how to protect that? I prefer to xbody so the bag is on my right side since I'm hip carrying my 2yo on my left a lot.

okay, i'm obsessing over whether to get the brown sugar tumbleweed that i originally wanted, or the cheaper whisky. which one is a better leather/color??

(Emphasis, mine). That pretty much answers it for me. You're spending good money on a bag; don't settle. Just my .02! :biggrin:

As for the leather breaking in, nearly all Tanos do that IME, but I'm not sure about the Tumbleweed leather. Normally I'd tell you to Lexol it and spray protect it, but to be safe check with TE first, in the "Ask Tano Expert!" thread. :yes:

I have been lurking on here for a while....thanks all you enablers!
Today I snared my first Tano (a Tumbleweed) at Nordstrom in Tampa International Plaza for $123. It was a black one and they had the burnt orange also. The bags were not out on the floor, I called them first and the SA looked in the back, found the bags and said hey, they are on sale. It was a great deal even though I had to drive over an hour to get there. And danggit, I passed the Dooney and Bourke outlet on the way home and now have 2 new bags and I don't know which one to use first!
Also, if anyone is looking for a great leather care product, I can't recommend Cadillac Boot and Shoe Care highly enough. I found out about it from the folks on Kindleboards, they were using it on their Oberon covers. I called Oberon Designs and they put it on all their products before shipping. Oberon doesn't sell it, I got 3 8-oz. bottles on Amazon for 10 bucks or so. I have tried Applecare, Kiwi, the stuff they sell at Wilson's Leather and others but I like this better. Never any residue, doesn't change the feel or look of the leather, except for making it feel a bit softer. Won't alter the dyes. I fanatically clean and care for my leather and I love this stuff.
Thanks for a great forum...got my eye on that marine blue Boogie now, which suprises me...I don't usually like colored leather but that blue just looks so nice. Can anyone tell me how bright a blue it is? I don't like bright colors.
Happy Holidays to all,
Pye

I just picked up a Tumbleweed in military on sale online at Nordies for $165!! :happydance: I've been dying to see the green in person, from pics it looks like just what I'm looking for in a green bag. Though with Nordstroms awesome return policy I know I can return if it's not.

Linda