Trusted Resale Websites

I’m not sure there’s a separate thread but I would guess people do their own informal investigating and draw conclusions with respect to the items they’re pursuing. I think it’s simply a question of watching the market fairly regularly and consistently. By ‘market’ I mean the usual sites or any specialty sites that carry what you’re looking for. :flowers:
Yeah, plus everyone having their own priorities. Some want only BNIB which is its own market. Others are comfortable with Mary Kate-level wear if it means the cheapest possible and again: own market. Then there are further classes dependent on bag, size, color, etc.

For my personal filters (B+K, some wear or vintage is good and even preferable for authentication's sake, less than retail, large sizes in neutral colors), the market's definitely softening. Especially from Japan, prob due to the currency softening against the USD. It's a great time to buy resale.

That is a dangerous request. My advice is to trawl through the various postings in the threads on here and get a feel for people's experiences and thoughts about the most widely used sources.
If you don't already have some idea what they are, you have not done enough preparation.

Remember to expect 20% extra import charges if you are buying from another country.
Always follow your instincts: if you are slightly suspicious, walk away; another option will always present itself.
Something that is too good to be true probably isn't.
If you are on line: always use the best monitor you can; never give an image the benefit of the doubt, if you think you see a slight blemish, ask about it.

This is my dangerous thought - I feel safer buying from Japan because the sense of honour and some strict laws about dealing with counterfeit goods. Always be on your guard

I’ve written a number of posts on this topic, many in discuss resellers thread ,
In Hermes subforum: Hermes shopping (search function is upper right magnifying glass icon).
It helps to do your search in the correct subforum

IMG_0756.jpeg IMG_0757.jpeg
Prior to purchase, authenticate in this thread or via paid authentication via @bababebi
Pay with PayPal fee based service backed by Amex
Do not buy from TRR unless you are very sure re condition and authenticity bc they do not take returns

None of the recommendations below are perfect; always do your own due diligence

Us based:
Fashionphile
Ann’s fabulous finds
Yoogis closet

Japanese:
Brand JFA
Brandoff
Etc.

EU:
Collectors Square (mixed reviews)
Luxury Shops aka luxury Zurich

Do not recommend:
TRR for bags for someone new to this
Vestairre
Rebag

Of course, you need to do your own due diligence regardless of any post here

ETA: I agree with most of @WhiteBus ‘s posts particularly, if it is too good to be true, run away

A mini Lindy will still be above retail, but much less costly than establishing a relationship and pursuing a boutique bag

In the US, budget for 10% customs plus applicable sales tax for international resale

Should you ge5 a lottery or walk in appt in Paris, that is the cheapest route. Experiences differ, but usually lottery requires no prespend. Some say that walk in appt slots are awarded to those with some purchase history.

Last edited:
Has anybody tried to negotiate a lower price listed on a resellers site, specifically AFF? I didn’t know if it was worth asking if they would lower their price listed for a bag…
It's always worth a try
you need to do your homework and get a feel for the market
but you need to justify your request
length of time the bag has been on offer; the going rate

I’ve written a number of posts on this topic, many in discuss resellers thread ,
In Hermes subforum: Hermes shopping (search function is upper right magnifying glass icon).
It helps to do your search in the correct subforum

View attachment 5978560 View attachment 5978559
Prior to purchase, authenticate in this thread or via paid authentication via @bababebi
Pay with PayPal fee based service backed by Amex
Do not buy from TRR unless you are very sure re condition and authenticity bc they do not take returns

None of the recommendations below are perfect; always do your own due diligence

Us based:
Fashionphile
Ann’s fabulous finds
Yoogis closet

Japanese:
Brand JFA
Brandoff
Etc.

EU:
Collectors Square (mixed reviews)
Luxury Shops aka luxury Zurich

Do not recommend:
TRR for bags for someone new to this
Vestairre
Rebag

Of course, you need to do your own due diligence regardless of any post here

ETA: I agree with most of @WhiteBus ‘s posts particularly, if it is too good to be true, run away

A mini Lindy will still be above retail, but much less costly than establishing a relationship and pursuing a boutique bag

In the US, budget for 10% customs plus applicable sales tax for international resale

Should you ge5 a lottery or walk in appt in Paris, that is the cheapest route. Experiences differ, but usually lottery requires no prespend. Some say that walk in appt slots are awarded to those with some purchase history.
Could you expand your warning against Vestiaire?
I am looking at a Birkin which looks like it is the personal bag of a Louis Vuitton and Channel reseller who looks like she is based in the US (New Jersey, Florida).

I messaged with Sam recently - he is doing very well, and said he is doing private sales and I think he said, searching for specific items for people. He also got certified as a GIA gemologist and in general it sounds like life is being good too him!
I was just about to start a thread asking the question if anyone know where Sam is these days.

• Love
Reactions: 880
Could you expand your warning against Vestiaire?
I am looking at a Birkin which looks like it is the personal bag of a Louis Vuitton and Channel reseller who looks like she is based in the US (New Jersey, Florida).
I think condition and authenticity can be issues with Vestiaire, but everyone has different experiences. I try to avoid seller platforms that consist of individuals going through a central clearing house (that may or may not be expert) for those issues. But, if you find the perfect bag for you from a particular seller, of course that is different. If you do a search within this thread, I believe there are a range of opinions :smile: good luck

Last edited:
I think condition and authenticity can be issues with Vestiaire, but everyone has different experiences. If you do a search within this thread you should get a range of opinions :smile: good luck
Oh dear. I know that this bag should have never been listed under "Very Good" because the hardware is scratched within an inch of its life. Strictly speaking it is a "Fair" or "Good" rating. So let us see if VC passed this during inspection. Looks like we have to rely on our own instinct and knowledge since VC is a public market place. Thanks for the warning!

• Wow
Reactions: Mary Ann G and 880
Oh dear. I know that this bag should have never been listed under "Very Good" because the hardware is scratched within an inch of its life. Strictly speaking it is a "Fair" or "Good" rating. So let us see if VC passed this during inspection. Looks like we have to rely on our own instinct and knowledge since VC is a public market place. Thanks for the warning!
Fingers crossed that this works out for you. :hugs:

• Love
Reactions: BareniaKelly

That is key in all second-hand purchases; the most important piece of advice to acquire