true RAOK needed!! READ ME!!

teemmmbee

O.G.
Nov 26, 2006
I just wanted to start out by saying that I do not know this boy but came across this information and thought I'd post. This little boy really does need a Random Act Of Kindness, so come on ladies........donate!

http://www.knbc.com/family/13761297/detail.html

Boy Sells Lemonade To Get Service Dog

Dog Would Alert Family When Brother's Sugar Levels Drop

AURORA, Colo. -- Mark Rinkel is spending his summer selling lemonade to raise money for his 9-year-old brother, who has Type I diabetes.

Jason Rinkel is in line for a service dog that would alert him or a family member if the boy's sugar levels drop to an extremely low or high level.

"It is unpredictable," said Marisa Rinkel, Jason's mother. "At times when I think his blood sugar is going to be low, he's high. And when I think it is going to be high, it's low."

The service dog can cost $16,000 to $25,000.

"We are not exactly buying the dog; we are helping to fight off some of that cost," said Mark.

So Mark decided a lemonade stand was the perfect way to do it. And he's not selling the powdered kind. It's fresh-squeezed lemonade.

"At first [people] think, 'Oh, it is just a lemonade stand,'" said Mark. "But then when we go over there, we find their softer side when we tell them why we are doing the lemonade stand and 90 percent of the time, they will donate."

"It makes me cry. He is amazing," said Marisa, through tears. "He built a Web site, he passed out fliers. He got a Petco manager to pass out his fliers to everybody. He has just been incredible, a very great big brother."

The lemonade stand can be found in different locations throughout the metro area.

On Sunday, July 29, you can find the stand behind the Dozens Restaurant at South Havana and Warren in Aurora. It will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

For more information about the lemonade stand and how you can help get a service dog for Jason, go to

PawsOfLife.net

To mail a donation:
Heaven Scent Paws
108 PP Highway
St. Elizabeth, Missouri 65075
Jason #HSP 230-208-307

And it's tax deductible.