True Life (on MTV)

Yeah, that shocked the hell out of me. He was talking about changing and "taking that next step" and POOF! That had to be the most shocking True Life update I had ever seen.

^^
I agree, my heart just dropped when I heard that.
The other one that was so touching was the true life:I'm deaf that aired recently. It was refreshing watching such utterly good people for once.

I've watched these shows for years, I wish they'd air some of the older ones like:
I've got baby mama drama
I'm a street racer
I'm a clubber (I still totally remember seeing some chick wearing a TOWEL to a club!)

Does anyone remember one of the first true life docs about drugs? Serena Altchel was actually in the show interviewing the people while they were shooting up. Yikes.

^ I remember that episode. I think I've watched it a few times. It was really intense. Does anyone know what happened to Serena? She seemed like a really cool person. I really like her on MTV. She was the least annoying MTV VJ.

I recently watched True Life: compulsive shoppers and peer pressure. They were both pathetic.

Does anyone remember one of the first true life docs about drugs? Serena Altchel was actually in the show interviewing the people while they were shooting up. Yikes.

Yes! I think it was filmed in Plano, Texas - and then a couple of years later they showed some MTV movie based on a real story about 3 HS kids from Plano.

ETA: Okay, I just found an article about the episode - I can't believe True Life has been on for 10 years!

http://www.texnews.com/1998/texas/fatal0331.html

WOW. 10 years....Hard to believe, indeed....Even harder? What the hell was in Plano, TX. 10 years ago!?! I got there in '05 and everything was brand-spankin' new.

I was seriously in shock that the BF died in that one episode. It's weird, you sit there watching them, and in a way judging them. At least I know I did, and to have him die was just crazy. And made me feel super guilty for judging him. Even though I believe what he did was wrong, I still feel bad and he defiantly didn't deserve to die, he was so young.