Trouble with your Koobas?

I've actually had problems with a couple of my other Koobas too - although these were something that it would be more likely to be looked at as wear and tear (although they occurred shortly after I purchased them, and none of them had been carried many times) and which I could more readily see Kooba not doing anything about, or at least feeling like they could say it was because I was rough on the bags. The discoloring is such a bizarro thing though that I feel really justified in being upset.

To be fair, I have some others - a braided Ada, for example - that I have no worries about ever falling apart because they're just super sturdy. But, also, to be fair to me, I have no other bags by any other maker that I've had trouble with, other than through my own blatent stupidity (like spilling a chai latte on a suede bag).

Also, when I contacted the Kooba web page's customer service email, they said they weren't the coporate office - but then *refused* to give me the contact info for corporate.

I'd love to hear which manufacturers people have had great experiences with when bags went wrong - which manufacturers have Nordstrom quality CS?

Kooba's falling apart is probobly a rarity, not the norm.

Someone should start a thread asking Kooba owners that have had no problems with their bags to weigh in.

Really.....
Because the people who have multiple Koobas and have had no problems are many and more than the few problem bags.

We all know and understand the Koobas Customer service is not the best but the Kooba lover in us want the bags so we continue to buy them.

I have had an issue with a Charlie bag with very sensative leather. I chalk it up to a learning experience and the fact that I cannot handle light colored bags that show every spot and pick up stains.

We beat this dead horse last year in a thread on the main board. Kooba service sucks...check! Some Koobas have fallen apart....check! Most Koobas withstand the test of time...check! So we choose to either buy them or not.

Oh I agree...I still love my Kooba bags and I think overall Kooba is a GREAT brand...every designer has flaws...BUT...For the price they ask...the customer service should be awesome.

We beat this dead horse last year in a thread on the main board. Kooba service sucks...check! Some Koobas have fallen apart....check! Most Koobas withstand the test of time...check! So we choose to either buy them or not.

Amen, Lexie...that about sums it up.
Those who have had a bad experience are free to move on...there's plenty of great brands to choose from. (& for gosh sakes, let that dead horse rip)

Agree, go and buy something else, plenty of bags out there, Kooba will never have any trouble selling their gorgeous, well-made bags to us girls who know how to treasure and look after these beauties...

Well maybe I'm the lone ranger here but I can't even add up how many Koobas I've purchased this year and I've had nary a problem with any.

I hope this trend continues..for all of we Kooba Fans! :tup:

Agree, go and buy something else, plenty of bags out there, Kooba will never have any trouble selling their gorgeous, well-made bags to us girls who know how to treasure and look after these beauties...

I mean, I feel like I have to respond to this because the implication is that people who are having problems HAVEN'T taken care of our bags, and I doubt that's true. Unless "treasure and look after" means "put up somewhere to look at but never use", I find that to be a little bit insulting. The only reason i've ever had for thinking that a Kooba was falling apart because of my improper ownership was because it seemed impossible that someone could sell such an expensive bag that wouldn't hold up better.

This is probably my fault for not having found the earlier thread, so I'm sorry for asking the question. Anyone have the link to it handy?

I think we all know how to to treasure and look after a bag that we have invested a lot of money in and are proud of. We are only sharing our stories of when we have gotten stuck with a bum bag.

Within a few months of buying a Kooba, I would definitely expect the selling boutique/store to take the responsibility of fixing a faulty bag. however, after that I would hope that Kooba's customer care would take over and provide me with the aftersales service I deserve. I hear they're not that good, so I buy Koobas hoping I'll never need to look to them for help. It's a shame, but a fact of life for now, until hopefully they improve, which they definitely need to.

I think with any product on this earth, there is always going to be a few 'duds' that don't live up to the quality expected. It's a shame that sometimes we pick up one of those 'duds' and have a whole load of problems with it. I have to say I think you've just been plain unlucky.

I know you feel Kooba need a bashing and I'm really sorry you had problems with your Koobas, but I do think you're in the minority. Most customers seem to be delighted with the quality of their Koobas.

Let's hope Kooba improve their customer care so everyone is happy with their Koobas.
I think we'd all agree with that sentence and I can't think of anymore to say on this thread. It seems to have run its course.

I think we all know how to to treasure and look after a bag that we have invested a lot of money in and are proud of. We are only sharing our stories of when we have gotten stuck with a bum bag.

Ok, you look after your bags, that's good, I just felt you were out to bash Kooba as a brand and apart from a few problems with some of the leathers of the spring collection (which we've discussed to death), the quality of Koobas is excellent, sometimes far superior to some more expensive bags..

There's always going to be somebody who gets a bad bag (this goes for any brand, even LV) and I'm sorry you had to be one of them, but most of us here are hooked on Kooba because of the leather and have had very few problems with any bags...

I should quit answering, but its more the "too bad, we don't care" than the fact that things break or sometimes aren't perfect. that's ok if the maker is standing behind its product! but the "who cares about you getting a bad bag, we have lots of hype and there's someone else who will buy our product, we have your money, ha ha" that makes me say, fool me twice, shame on me.

Ok, you look after your bags, that's good, I just felt you were out to bash Kooba as a brand and apart from a few problems with some of the leathers of the spring collection (which we've discussed to death), the quality of Koobas is excellent, sometimes far superior to some more expensive bags..

There's always going to be somebody who gets a bad bag (this goes for any brand, even LV) and I'm sorry you had to be one of them, but most of us here are hooked on Kooba because of the leather and have had very few problems with any bags...

I still LOVE Kooba as a brand. Kooba is still one of my favorite designers and overall I love my purses and have had no problems for the most part.....the title of the thread was "Trouble with your Koobas?"....I was simply sharing my story, no need to go on defense mode...I fully understand that every brand has quirks....

Yes.......every brand has quirks.....I've been on the balenciaba and lv boards lately, and they have their share of problems, too. You wouldn't expect it, but the problems arise. I am sure Kooba is no different. I still love Kooba, and I feel that the incidents are few and far between. But we shouldn't discount the fact that there have been some problems for some people, or we shouldn't appear to not care, even though we do. I hope anyone who has had a bad experience with Kooba will still give it a chance because I think their quality is unsurpassed anyway, but will give in to the fact that there have been some boo boos out there.