Tribal Spy vs. Black Patent

It feels different than the nappa leather spies. It's not as soft as nappa, though it is pretty soft for patent leather if that makes any sense to you. If you want that buttery soft leather, then the patent probably isn't right for you.

Mine is breaking in nicely though and getting softer with use, but I don't think it will ever be as soft as nappa.

Hideous?! I think it's lovely and I would love to own one myself! I know a lot of people on here aren't crazy about it, but I don't think anyone would call it hideous!:P

I've seen it in real life and it's so pretty! But you have to like that look.

:roflmfao: Yeah it doesn't seem like it was received too well. I think I may just have to order it and see if I like it. At least I can make an in store return if I don't absolutely love it, since its from NM.com. I may be clicking that button later today!

What about this one?

0431052573936_275x275.jpg

I love the wisteria bags!:heart:

Since you have two brown spies already, I'd actually vote for the patent. Or have you thought about the denim one? That's another unpopular one (on this forum, for the most part) but I have one and I LOVE it. It's like a denim jacket... it goes with everything!

What about this one?

0431052573936_275x275.jpg

Love love love love this spy. It's pretty much the only one that is on my "must-have" list that I don't have already.

BTW, I think you can't really go wrong with the tribal or black patent. I'm betting people will warm to the tribal once it's been around a little while longer.

Jomashop.com has the grey wisteria and bluefly.com has the patent spy. Both are really reduced, and I have bought spies from both of these retailers and they were authentic and great deals.

lol well I made my spy decision! I ended up getting:

eqzoom.ms

I found it on bluefly and couldn't resist how pretty it was. I went to Fendi today and they just had browns, then went to NM, and while they had a really cool embroidered black patent, it wasn't really me. I can't wait for this to come!!!!!

I would only recommend getting the tribal bag as a second spy. It is very unique and bold. It's a total statement bag. And definitley not hideous. It looks much different in person. I like it because i have tons of bags and wanted something that I wasn't going to see myself coming and going in.

I totally agree with Handbag Hor's....I own the Tribal spy along with quite a few other handbags...I wanted something different...and this bag fits the bill...However I will admit the Tribal spy is not for everyone...But I love mine...Congrats on your new spy purchase...enjoy!!!