To tell or not to tell? Fake Speedy!

Sometimes I almost (but not really) miss the prior innocence of not knowing. In the last few weeks I learned so much from all of you! I had been admiring, for months, a Petite Noe carried by a woman who is always at my health club. She always has it with her, even keeps it next to her on the floor when she is on the treadmll, and takes it to yoga. I would kind of see it out of the corner of my eye, and think "nice." Never got close though. But the other day she had it up on a table and I passed by and saw it had a slider on the drawstring. . . . .
(That's bad, right??)

Unless you are asked for your opinion I wouldnt say a word. Its not like you are good friends with her. It was cause uncomfortable feelings. I know its got to be hard passing it in the hallway! LOL
Selena

Your bf should tell his friend, he can say that he compared it to yours and it's an absolute fake. It wouldn't be uncomfortable, if I were duped into buying a fake I would want someone to tell me so I could get my money back...I wouldn't care about feeling embarrassed.

I think it was a boy, who doesn't know real from not real, who loves his lady and bought her what he thought was a high quality bag. I wouldn't say anything, it would hurt her feelings and make him feel like he was dumb.

Just bc we know the difference doesn't mean we should say something all the time, esp when it looks like both the parties here are innocent and have no idea.

I would guess her bf doesn't know. My boyfriend thought all Chanels were around $200-$300 & still thinks that is too much money. I think her bf was probably just trying to do a nice thing & I wouldn't say anything. They are both happy so I think that is all that matters. Maybe next time he goes to buy her something suggest that you help him out because there are so many shady places on the web.

I would tell him. If she finds out he bought her a fake she might misunderstand (although you wrote he believed it was real, she might not listen to that in the beginning). I would definetly not let her walk around thinking her bag is real, I mean, even though it was the tought that counted, it would not be right. Tell him gently, and maybe he'll tell it to her or buy her a new one or something. I know that if I got a purse as a gift that was supposed to be Vuitton or Chanel or something and they would tell me it was real, and I would carry it, I'd be extremely emberassed if that bag turned out to be a fake.

Off Topic: I saw that horrible orange'ish vachetta on fake carryalls more than once this weekend:sick: It just made me love my real carryall even more..:love: